Introducing Sniper!

Ok So wait a sec... What happened to the first cage that was all full with plants?

What do you want me to do, a husbandry review?

T8 with 10.0 or 12% bulb... With a baby must be lifted up off the screen 2 inches then the closest branch below would be 5 inches down for a total of 7 inches. This way they are not over exposed to uvb when on the screen top...

Its a lot of changes for a baby. Could be stress related closing of the eyes... Or UVB being too far away.... Health issue. Or not misting long enough... However right now there is no cover so this takes me back to stress.

The cage full of plants was a 18x18x36 I upgraded it yesterday to a 2x2x4 I will change the lamp bulb today and get some more plants and try to fix the lamp distance with the branches I have.. do you think I should get an appointment with the vet in the meantime?

The cage full of plants was a 18x18x36 I upgraded it yesterday to a 2x2x4 I will change the lamp bulb today and get some more plants and try to fix the lamp distance with the branches I have.. do you think I should get an appointment with the vet in the meantime?
If she’s sneezing, yes

Why did you upgrade the cage already? The first one was a perfect set up for a baby. It had a tone of coverage to make it feel safe and plenty of surfaces to drink from.

Vet if your hearing wheezing coughing or if she is pointing her nose to the lights because the worry is an RI. Take a fecal in as well.

Why did you upgrade the cage already? The first one was a perfect set up for a baby. It had a tone of coverage to make it feel safe and plenty of surfaces to drink from.

Vet if your hearing wheezing coughing or if she is pointing her nose to the lights because the worry is an RI. Take a fecal in as well.
Ok will do, I thought it would have been better to have one permanent setup, since I had to change uvb lamp, setting up a misting system etc... I wanted to do it in the cage she would spend most of her life rather than do it on both after a few months

Ok will do, I thought it would have been better to have one permanent setup, since I had to change uvb lamp, setting up a misting system etc... I wanted to do it in the cage she would spend most of her life rather than do it on both after a few months
So yes they can go into an adult sized cage as a baby. BUT and this is the big BUT... It has to be set up correctly for them. The big cage currently is not. The smaller cage would be better to stay with another month or two until baby gets some size on it and recovers from the stress of the new home and environment. That is my two cents.

If you need a husbandry review let me know. Don't feel pushed to go bigger right away. First step is getting baby acclimated and eating in the right environment. Next step is making a cage size upgrade once you know they are healthy as in parasite free and they are stable.

So yes they can go into an adult sized cage as a baby. BUT and this is the big BUT... It has to be set up correctly for them. The big cage currently is not. The smaller cage would be better to stay with another month or two until baby gets some size on it and recovers from the stress of the new home and environment. That is my two cents.

If you need a husbandry review let me know. Don't feel pushed to go bigger right away. First step is getting baby acclimated and eating in the right environment. Next step is making a cage size upgrade once you know they are healthy as in parasite free and they are stable.
So would you suggest to go back to the small cage or upgrade this one with foliage and better branch positioning?

So would you suggest to go back to the small cage or upgrade this one with foliage and better branch positioning?
Well your kinda in it now. lol So this is really your choice...

I prefer smaller cages when they are babies. Easier to find them and their poops. Bane went right into a huge cage because he was already 5 months old when I got him and had a clean fecal from the breeder. Bentley I guessed to be about 3 months old and was in a baby cage for a few weeks. Then when he was stable eating and I got the fecal back clean he was moved into his big cage.

But I am also a worrier and everything must be perfect and controlled :hilarious:

Back
Top Bottom