Introducing Padre

congrats Jann:)

he is truely quite a stunner

glad both you and Padre are setting in with the awsome change:D

PLEASE DONT RUIN THE PHOTO CONTEST FOR EVERYONE!! LOL:D

BUT please post as many pics you want of him on a thread;):):p

He is absolutely gorgeous! You need to hold a welcome home party for him so all of your FL cham friends can come and see him in person! :D:D I am just writhing with jealousy, both him and his new room are spectacular. And I bet that little Ellie just looks miniscule in comparison now!

Thank you every one for all the nice compliment on Padre and his home. He’s up and roaming around this morning.

Lisa there’s not double screen on Luie & Camille’s enclosure. If you look closely you can see it’s made out of that one inch square green plastic fence.

Jeremy, Padre is one cool guy! He’s already showing me his neat little personality. You are close on his room dimensions. It’s 8 high by 9 long and 4 wide. Do you think that’s big enough for now? Later we can move the wall with the sliding door over to make it bigger.

Sarah, anytime you come to FL let me know and we can arrange a visit.

Olimpia, when you get back to Melbourne you’ll be close and welcome to visit anytime. A couple of years ago I tried to get together a FL community group similar to the one they have in CA. There was not allot of interest and we had one get together at my house and that was it. https://www.chameleonforums.com/fl-monthly-chameleon-owner-meeting-anyone-23027/

Stanly, if I do very well with Padre (I will try my very best) then down the road I may very well get him a girlfriend.

Kristen, my husband built both of the enclosures on the screened back porch.

Thank you every one for all the nice compliment on Padre and his home. He’s up and roaming around this morning.

Lisa there’s not double screen on Luie & Camille’s enclosure. If you look closely you can see it’s made out of that one inch square green plastic fence.

Jeremy, Padre is one cool guy! He’s already showing me his neat little personality. You are close on his room dimensions. It’s 8 high by 9 long and 4 wide. Do you think that’s big enough for now? Later we can move the wall with the sliding door over to make it bigger.

Sarah, anytime you come to FL let me know and we can arrange a visit.

Olimpia, when you get back to Melbourne you’ll be close and welcome to visit anytime. A couple of years ago I tried to get together a FL community group similar to the one they have in CA. There was not allot of interest and we had one get together at my house and that was it. https://www.chameleonforums.com/fl-monthly-chameleon-owner-meeting-anyone-23027/

Stanly, if I do very well with Padre (I will try my very best) then down the road I may very well get him a girlfriend.

Kristen, my husband built both of the enclosures on the screened back porch.

I normally recommend making a enclosure that is equal or bigger to a 1000 gallon terrarium for permanent housing for Parsons. Yours is much bigger than a 1000 gallon terrarium. However, technically though in my opinion you can never go to big.

My only recommendation is I would make is to make a circular path out of you branches to allow Padre to cruise not pace back and forth on the top and lower halves of the enclosure.

Actually it looks as if you have a circular pathway with your top branches. That helps cruising quite a bit. I'm a fan of the green walls in Padres room.

Last edited:

hey Jann, that's kinda what i was trying to figure out... that their screened cage is sitting "inside of" a screened in porch, not an "open" porch..... hence "2 layers" between them and the outside world... ;)
i'm still trying to figure out how to get Stanley more outside time.... this may be an option... :)
thanks ,, lisa

Congratulations Jann :)
The photos are excellent and I'm looking forward to hearing more about Padre.

Thanks for the recommendation Jeremy. I will pass it on to my husband.

Lisa, Stanley would love a big outside enclosure. My veileds love going outside.

Thanks Brad. Padre has settled in nicely. He is doing great! Such a splendid animal to behold.

Wow Jann I cant believe I just saw this! I bet your on cloud 9 about now. Just an awesome cham & a beautiful enclosure for him. Good luck, I cant wait to see DAILY pics and updates. lol

Seriously i'll prob be stalking you now. lol j/k

A whole room and AC for a chameleon! Now that's chameleon heaven. lol. Congrats on Padre. He has a name already? I've said it before I'm bad with names hahah. He really is gorgeous. You're very lucky. :D

Back
Top Bottom