Intro JJuchems

JJuchems

Good Day,
To introduce myself, I am Jason Juchems. I have been keeping herps since I was 8 years old with my first pet turtle. The first herp I ever captive breed was White’s Tree Frogs at age 12. Leopard geckos and others were quickly added after that. Today I primarily keep Crested Geckos and Poison Dart Frogs. I have sold more dart frogs than any thing else. I am currently breeding dart frogs, crested geckos, Leopard geckos, hedgehogs, and an assortment of tree frogs and geckos. I keep other animals for classroom pets and other education use. In the past I have had success with breeding Jackson’s Chameleons and have also kept Brookesia thieli and Reippeleon brevicaudatus. The avatar is the one R. brevicaudatus I just purchased getting back into pigmy chams.

I am a graduate of Bradley University majoring in Elementary Education, concentration in general science, with my middle school endorsement. In college I worked as an intern at Wildlife Prairie State Park in Peoria, IL. I have worked as a Keeper, Naturalist, and landscaping working on invasive plants. I was the 2005 and 2008 president of the Central Illinois Herpetological Society and am the youngest person to run for city council in my hometown. Anyway, that is me in a nut shell.

Back
Top Bottom