Interesting Raiden Faly

Canny Chams

Hey guys, have been pretty busy lately havent been on the forum much. My 7 month old faly i obtained from chameleon nation is getting yellowish-green barring, it used to be white with a small hint of yellow or green, but now its getting full on neon yellow. Ive heard of some cases with this, he is sired by Raiden and Nala. He was always a odd chameleon, he was always like 1 or 2 monthes ahead of regular chameleons of his age, when he was 4 monthes he had the colors of my 6 month olds. Anyway im just wondering about this gene, and wether the babies will all have this gene or if this is a more 1 generation gene. Thanks:D

Hey guys, have been pretty busy lately havent been on the forum much. My 7 month old faly i obtained from chameleon nation is getting yellowish-green barring, it used to be white with a small hint of yellow or green, but now its getting full on neon yellow. Ive heard of some cases with this, he is sired by Raiden and Nala. He was always a odd chameleon, he was always like 1 or 2 monthes ahead of regular chameleons of his age, when he was 4 monthes he had the colors of my 6 month olds. Anyway im just wondering about this gene, and wether the babies will all have this gene or if this is a more 1 generation gene. Thanks:D

I am pretty sure if your cham is 7mo it would have to be a Nika baby not a Nala baby:confused:

Yea sorry, Its not that i dont have a camera in fact its quite the opoosite, my camera is so big and heavy, and im lazy and just got here from class, Im gonna put some up in an hour or so. I usually post photos sorry

Edit: its a nala babe, for sure. Got her from The Canadian Reptile Breeders show on september 19, 2011, and he was just under 2 monthes old

k heres the photo
his green and yellow can get abit stronger.
92463_203819_VeryLarge_gw1TaRb1ax.jpg

no disrespect, looks like an ambilobe possibly mixed with something based on how the dots are smudged like a ambanja background, but hey my opinion isnt worth much.

did you upload a wrong photo?

hey how ya been, i was just talking to drew about this and the fact that such diversity has come from the faly's, i have seen many babies from radien and a few seem to develope quite a different color pattern, i do believe it is nature and her diversity at work.

beauty of a chameleon.:)

yea im very confused by this, ive bought like 4 chameleons from them, 2 of which are falys and ive never seen this before, i know hes not ambilobe or ambanja, in fact when i woke him up for that photo, thats the most red ive ever seen on him, and im planning on pairing him with an apollo girl, should be nice results. Does anyone know if the odd colorations get passed on?

I see your a mod now hoj, congratz :D

yea im very confused by this, ive bought like 4 chameleons from them, 2 of which are falys and ive never seen this before, i know hes not ambilobe or ambanja, in fact when i woke him up for that photo, thats the most red ive ever seen on him, and im planning on pairing him with an apollo girl, should be nice results. Does anyone know if the odd colorations get passed on?

I see your a mod now hoj, congratz :D

thx bud, i was looking through some pics of the radien babies and babies of his offspring and there does seem to be some passing on of the different colors, almost like a resessive gene or something. defintaly interesting and always beautifull.
i just grabbed a female of Apollo, a raiden offspring, she is really showing some interesting color esp, for a female

no disrespect, looks like an ambilobe possibly mixed with something based on how the dots are smudged like a ambanja background, but hey my opinion isnt worth much.

did you upload a wrong photo?

I agree, It looks more like an ambilobe than a faly to me.
If you plan on breeding him you might have a hard time selling the offspring because Most people want the classic red white and blue falys.

I have been looking at your chameleon and he looks different to me :confused: as far as the gene thing goes I have worked with a lot of morph reptiles and that is a gene the mother had not the dad. the dad cares very little over in the breeding of two pairs together. its 80% mom and 10% dad and 10% relitives like greatgrandmoms mainly but great granddad would be in the a little too. If you breed him 10% of his genes will pass IMO.. now this is not down to the dote on how all this happens just from what I have seen and how I think it works...

thx bud, i was looking through some pics of the radien babies and babies of his offspring and there does seem to be some passing on of the different colors, almost like a resessive gene or something. defintaly interesting and always beautifull.
i just grabbed a female of Apollo, a raiden offspring, she is really showing some interesting color esp, for a female

Hoj I dont think Chameleons are that complicated I work with a lot of morph and genetic reptiles and unless they are being line breed and morphed to pull out these genes they will just stay un seen. but it could be being done IDK.. All I know is morphs and a reessive gene and a co-dom gene are not in chameleons as of yet no one has pulled them out or it just wont happen and the fist gene to come out is albino and that wouldnt be good for a cham.here is a link for you to read it is a good one on genes. This is all JMO and what I am thinking.
http://www.arbreptiles.com/genetics101.shtml

This guy looks almost identical to my Raiden/Nika boy that came in the much-discussed shipment last summer. My boy is getting darker blue where he has blue and I wish I could remember who posted pix about 2weeks or so ago of their Raiden boy in the shower, his green turned light blue when he fired up. Check Faly pages in the photography forum, also the one titled "what Raiden& Nala left". If you check the R &N thread the pix show a really wide variety of animals all said to be from the same parents....it is very puzzling.

By the way, I am a teacher.... and although I haven't studied reptile genetics, I have worked with genetics in lab animals and would assume some principles carry true from mammals to other species, which is why I want females from excellent bloodlines.

Yay..... This got reopened. I would like some opinions on these. Raiden and Nala produced some beautiful animals. Most the typical red, white and blue. Out of every clutch from the pair, one or two turned out like this. Now look closely at this guy and the what Raiden and Nala left thread. Let me know what you think. Are they all crosses? Are they all pure? They are all from the same mom and dad...... So it is all or nothing.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/what-raiden-nala-left-76768/

I have been looking at your chameleon and he looks different to me :confused: as far as the gene thing goes I have worked with a lot of morph reptiles and that is a gene the mother had not the dad. the dad cares very little over in the breeding of two pairs together. its 80% mom and 10% dad and 10% relitives like greatgrandmoms mainly but great granddad would be in the a little too. If you breed him 10% of his genes will pass IMO.. now this is not down to the dote on how all this happens just from what I have seen and how I think it works...

Hoj I dont think Chameleons are that complicated I work with a lot of morph and genetic reptiles and unless they are being line breed and morphed to pull out these genes they will just stay un seen. but it could be being done IDK.. All I know is morphs and a reessive gene and a co-dom gene are not in chameleons as of yet no one has pulled them out or it just wont happen and the fist gene to come out is albino and that wouldnt be good for a cham.here is a link for you to read it is a good one on genes. This is all JMO and what I am thinking.
http://www.arbreptiles.com/genetics101.shtml
ok well im thankful for that, i love my guy and i think he is the most unique reptile ive ever recieved, i kinda like the extreme reds, all in contrast with the blues, sometimes the red will go over the blue and he will just be red and white bars, from the mid body up. People get so worried about the gene pool, i trust the supplier (chameleon nation) fully, and i do beleive this is a 100% faly. As hoj has said, they do have alot of unknown potential and im very curious of what is to come

Back
Top Bottom