Interesting info concerning Calci-worms (Phoenix worms)

Psychodrake

The online store I buy my live food from has recently put up this interesting article on calci-worms, namely what is good about them. While I don't really take information like this completely seriously, they do mention important things such as feeding as much variety of insects as possible, supplementary info and much more

http://www.silkwormstore.co.uk/calci-worms---explained.html

Worth a read. I've been feeding George calci-worms on and off for around 2 months now and he still loves them. They're definitely worth considering as a part of a Chameleons and other reptiles diet.

Thank you for the article.
I too feed mine calciworms, krunch isn't fond of them, but it might be because they don't wiggle alot. The article gave me a great idea about "warming" them a bit!. Also I figured the brown ones were dying, now I know different
Love reading interesting articles

Thank you for the article.
I too feed mine calciworms, krunch isn't fond of them, but it might be because they don't wiggle alot. The article gave me a great idea about "warming" them a bit!. Also I figured the brown ones were dying, now I know different
Love reading interesting articles

I was never too sure about the brown ones either, I thought they were full of substrate or dying. I did notice when I had George outside on a sunny day and put some Calci-worms in a cup in the warm sun, they went absolutely ballistic! They were wiggling like crazy and George couldn't get enough of it. Makes a big difference so it's worth a try. I try to keep them on a heat mat now, though my last box is just a box of soldier flies now, I quite like releasing one into his viv every now and then to give him an active flying insect to hunt and he tends to snag them.

loll brown ones arent dying, they will be flies in a week or two....i used to feed mine calci worms but i bought toooo many at one time....BIG MISTAKE lol ...one day i opened up the container the came in and a swarm of flies came out ...i swear i was killing those dang flies for a month after the worms were gone -_-

I have two soldier fly buckets going in my walk in cage. I seed my planters with the mature worms that crawl off and let them pupate in the cage by the dozens. My chams love to snag the adult flies. You could easily let them pupate in a deli cup with Aspen for a normal screen cage too. Takes about twelve days once they are adult worms and ready. No need to ever waste any.

Back
Top Bottom