Insurance Tips??

Asour89

Established Member
Does anyone have any advice on the best insurance for my chameleons? Is it worth getting the insurance? Right now I pay $60 for a problem visit and $50 for check up.

@Kristen Wilkins has pet insurance for hers. I have been late to the game on getting this for mine.
I honestly didn’t know it was a thing. The other day my dad and I were talking and he said he has insurance for his dog which got me to wondering about if there was some for reptiles... sure enough, there is! Just to find out the best one now. Insurance is always beneficial in some ways, in my human experience anyway.

I honestly didn’t know it was a thing. The other day my dad and I were talking and he said he has insurance for his dog which got me to wondering about if there was some for reptiles... sure enough, there is! Just to find out the best one now. Insurance is always beneficial in some ways, in my human experience anyway.
Yeah I have been meaning to do it but keep slacking..

This is definitely something I’d be interested in getting. I’d like to hear what some of the members on here have

I've been meaning to do this for a while. Just this week one of my boys had a swollen toe. It was 80$ for the routine exam and with antibiotics, pain management and a needle aspirate it was 200 & change. He will still probably need to have surgery in the next few so...

I've been meaning to do this for a while. Just this week one of my boys had a swollen toe. It was 80$ for the routine exam and with antibiotics, pain management and a needle aspirate it was 200 & change. He will still probably need to have surgery in the next few so...
I saw really bad reviews on the Nationwide insurance.. but I did see something that was called Pet Assure and it saves 25% off any kind of visit, even well visits... I’m thinking I may go with that option.

I saw really bad reviews on the Nationwide insurance.. but I did see something that was called Pet Assure and it saves 25% off any kind of visit, even well visits... I’m thinking I may go with that option.
What have you heard about the Nationwide one? I get a discount on this through my work and have been meaning to sign up for it.

From what I understand of the pet insurance it basically only covers some of the cost of surgery/operations or certain meds. There's not like a copay for routine checkups or routine prescriptions.
That is what I read as well, Nationwide has a $50 copay until you reach $250, just no well visits, only sick/injury. The pet assure is 25% off any visit well or sick.

The only insurer I've found in the UK, doesn't cover things like egg binding. For that reason, plus cost of 6 policies a month, I've not gone with it. So far I've spent the equivalent of 2 months insurance payments in the last 12 months.

We had our dog covered but as he got older, the cost went up and up to the point it wasn't viable any more. We made 1 claim in 7 years cover, after which we just paid the vet.

Yes pay out of pocket . I have our vet fill out the paperwork and fax it . It’s usually back In My account with in 3 to 5 days . I have never been denied . I keep a scaly baby account . That’s always my advice along with the ins .
Ok I have to look into this now. Thank you hun!

Back
Top Bottom