Pet Insurance is Very Important

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
It can mean the difference in being able to afford to save your chameleon (or any pet). Fiona just had to have a very expensive surgery last month and now Amos will most likely have surgery tomorrow. He has a necrotic tail cause by a crushed vertebrae.

I use Nationwide pet insurance but there may be other companies out there that cover exotics. It sure is nice when these checks come in the mail. The little $75.00 yearly premium it normally paid for after the first vet visit.

IMG_3191.JPG
IMG_3190.JPG
IMG_3189.JPG
IMG_3188.JPG
IMG_3186.JPG
IMG_3185.JPG

Wow!! Thanks for that @jannb I was thinking about looking into this but was not sure it would be worth it. Could you post a link to their web sight so I can check them out?

Mind you it is insurance, so in order to "Pay $75 for $500 in treatments" means you have to have 7 other chameleon owners paying into the system, but not taking their animals to the vet.

They insure dogs, cats, bunnies and everything. I know dogs cost more to be insured and my iguana was alittle more. Maybe they make their money off the dogs and cats.

Which level of Nationwide coverage does everyone suggest? Is the Whole pet the one that is $9 a month and that covers wellness checkup also?

Back
Top Bottom