Pet Insurance - not just for Dogs and Cats.

Every time I get an animal I tell myself I’m going to get insurance for it…and every time I don’t do it and regret it later. I delude myself into thinking I don’t need it, until I do and then it’s too late. However, I don’t know why it is, but when I lived in Massachusetts, out of all of the very many animals my family and I had, there was only one cat that had a health issue. Two thirds of the animals (mammals) I’ve gotten in Florida have had health problems and a couple had multiple problems. Never had an animal get cancer until Florida too.

No but they sometimes will argue that a pet might have already had a problem ( chronic obviously not for accidents) thus pre existing so it is just " insurance for the insurance".
I have never run into that. I have gone with nationwide on 3 chameleons and 2 ferrets... What company did you have issues with?

I have never run into that. I have gone with nationwide on 3 chameleons and 2 ferrets... What company did you have issues with?
Not me personally, Dr Nemetz with birds. Particularly with reproductive issues. So for instance if you ever took bird or cham I assume in with concerns around egglaying they will not cover future surgeries, rads etc. This is no problem if you buy a new pet and get insurance right then but if not a clean prior bill of health is beneficial. I'll ask if one company is better than others.

Not me personally, Dr Nemetz with birds. Particularly with reproductive issues. So for instance if you ever took bird or cham I assume in with concerns around egglaying they will not cover future surgeries, rads etc. This is no problem if you buy a new pet and get insurance right then but if not a clean prior bill of health is beneficial. I'll ask if one company is better than others.
Ohhh Ok yeah. No every single policy I have purchased said straight out if the animal was treated while in my ownership they had to know about it and they needed the vet contact info to get records. Under writing would then decide what would not be covered on the policy based on the history. So if you had already taken the animal in there could very well be exclusions on the policy. That is why it is always best to get it started and activated prior to ever taking to the vet. If that was not possible then you have to deal with exclusions they wont cover.

Ohhh Ok yeah. No every single policy I have purchased said straight out if the animal was treated while in my ownership they had to know about it and they needed the vet contact info to get records. Under writing would then decide what would not be covered on the policy based on the history. So if you had already taken the animal in there could very well be exclusions on the policy. That is why it is always best to get it started and activated prior to ever taking to the vet. If that was not possible then you have to deal with exclusions they wont cover.
Exactly, what I was trying to say!

Back
Top Bottom