incubating time ....

zarko

have u read this article?
http://www.chameleonnews.com/?page=article&id=119

i am wondering cause temp does not affect mortality i would like to speed up incubating time.
i have my incub. on 24,5 may by 25C (about 2 months now), would it be stupid to gradually rase the temperature up?
something like 1C a month?
cause if it goes like in an article it gonna take about 250day and i was counitng on 180days

buaaaaaaaaaaa
please some advice...
did anyone do something similar??

It can affect mortality. Usually, temps that are lower result in larger, more robust babies. Higher temps smaller more delicate babies. Too high or too low, is bad. Low hatch rates.

Very high temps can speed up things a bit. Temps in the high 80's will usually result in hatching around 6 months, but they're small.

I had a bad hatch wiht eggs incubated with high temps. They were in a closet, and the temps during the summer got high. all the babies hatched with deformed (not fully formed eyelids) eyes. The closet worked before, but the incubationw as through the winter, and the temps were cooler.

Panther and Veiled eggs

I incubate my panther eggs at about 75 to 77 degrees. They hatch in about 7-8 months. My veiled eggs are at about 82 to 84 degrees and hatch in about 5-6 months. It shouldn't hurt them if the temperature fluctuates a little bit.

The article said..."temperature during incubation may also affect rate of embryonic development, length of incubation period, yolk reserves remaining upon hatching, hatchling size and morphology, coloration, post-hatching behavior, and growth"...not to mention that if you increase the temperature too much you will kill them. There is more than what I quoted from the article about what the various temperatures do.

do u think that i shpuld or should not increas tem by 1 C? form 25 - 26C...
and enevertably temp. is gonna increas during summer months...

Back
Top Bottom