Imports for 2012

Texas Panther Man

Why are we not seeing any wild caught imports coming in this year? Ive seen a few but not in the numbers we were used to seeing a few yrs ago. I know with the Tanzania ban still is place we arent seeing those species from mainland Africa. But why arent we seeing any pardalis or lateralis from Maddy? Normally we'd have seen at least 3-4 large shopments by this time of yr? Last yr was a slow winter for imports also. So where are they going? (Europe?) Anybody got a clue....

Im in the UK and we have had a few imports. Mainly wc jacksons (both xanths and j.jacksonii) flapnecks the usual mellors, fishers and pygmys. here is a list someone put up about an import that was from August and from madagascar
furcifer lateralis
furcifer oustaleti
furcifer pardalis (new bloodlines are very expensive to import.
Ankaramy, Ambilobe, Nosy be, Ambanja, Tamatave, Ankify and Nosy Faly locales available.)
furcifer verrucosus
Brookesia supercilliaris
Brookesia stumpffi
Brookesia therezieni
Brookesia thieli

I have seen quite a few verrucosus this year

Yeah we've seen some pygmys/Brookesia species come in. But not many pardalis at all. We usually see a ton of ambanjas & ambilobes but the last 2 yrs have been really lean yrs. Havent seen any Ankify, or Ankaramy in a cpl of yrs come in from Maddy. Heck even Nosy Be's have been few and far between the last cpl of winters. We really need some new wc bloodlines.

Canada has had a few actually there are panthers carpet oustlett madagascar giant right now available. and there have been a few pygmy and such aswell.

We've been waiting for a shipment for over a year ourselves. The issue is due to labor disputes in the wildlife department in Madagascar. Many of the workers have been on strike (until they need a few bucks) causing all sorts of delays for everyone. The recent imports have been on older permits that are still valid but are only now being issued. I have noticed some species on the newer quotas being shipped now so perhaps they're getting their stuff together and finally getting the paperwork to flow.

Cheers!

Luis

Allegedly there is going to be an import soon. A good friend of mine has been asking me to go in on a deal with him for a shipment of wild Panther Chameleons. Great questions though there have not been that many wild caught chameleons this year. Which is not exactly a bad thing in my book as it means captive breeders are doing a great job and a producing most of the Panther Chameleons in the hobby.

Last edited:
I shipment came into LA this past weekend... Panthers, carpets, Verrus, Ousts and I am very excited to have some more Africanus (not maddy but still) and Campani!!! All should arrive to me tomorrow. I really hope Luis can get his shipment soon, he can do some really great things with them critters.

Thanks for the info everyone. I was wondering if it was an issue in Maddy that was causing this. Im glad we arent seeing the massive imports myself. But a few imports with quality specimens would really help some of us.

I will def be watching for that shipment to come in Chad. I cant remember the last time I saw campani offered for sale.

I shipment came into LA this past weekend... Panthers, carpets, Verrus, Ousts and I am very excited to have some more Africanus (not maddy but still) and Campani!!! All should arrive to me tomorrow. I really hope Luis can get his shipment soon, he can do some really great things with them critters.

What locales Chad? My understanding, and this is probably 5 hand knowledge, is that collections in Nosy Mitsio and Nosy Faly were not allowed this year.:confused:

Pictures when they arrive.

So sexy... I got most of the group but some should make it so KS.

Attachments

• 398742_10151273501466716_753219092_n.jpg
    398742_10151273501466716_753219092_n.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 207
You are lucky to get some the C.I.T.E.S. quotas are very small for this species.Hopefully in the future more will be available .

I can get them CB from Germany but the price is going to be way higher for them I am sure:eek:

I am sure that you can :D To my knowledge the C.I.T.E.S. export quotas for wild caught ones are only two hundred and fifty animals.But this is a start and only by some hard fieldwork has it been proved that these are not as rare as once thought.This shows the positive results of scientific research.

Back
Top Bottom