Impaction?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bmjo, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Bmjo

Bmjo Member

if i feed my cham at around 3-4 sometimes even later and lights go out about 9:30 could i cause impaction? (I have school from 7:45 to 2:45)

2. CJ's Exotics

CJ's Exotics Chameleon Enthusiast

That can cause digestion issues. You can feed him in the morning.

3. Bmjo

Bmjo Member

I’m not a morning person at all i have a hard enough time being on time for school could i switch his schedule to lights out at 10:30?

4. CJ's Exotics

CJ's Exotics Chameleon Enthusiast

That seems a bit late, try not going to bed late, and wake up 5 minutes earlier, and set a schedule so that your chameleon adjusts as well.

5. JacksJill

JacksJill Chameleon Enthusiast

Have you tried doing most of your feeding from a feeder? That way you could feed after lights out and he could eat in the morning. I would still feed a little when you get home because one of the best part of having a chameleon is watching them pick off bugs.

CJ's Exotics likes this.
  6. Bmjo

Bmjo Member

I only have clear deli cups that’s the only way he’ll notice them he’ll walk by the other cup and not even look inside

7. JacksJill

CJ's Exotics likes this.
  8. Bmjo

Bmjo Member

Attached Files:

CJ's Exotics likes this.
  9. JacksJill

That's nice looking but I think they need to be wider so the bugs can't hide in the dark areas. Unfortunately crickets are more nocturnal and only stay in the light if forced.
    I try to use something frosted but not clear so the cham doesn't try to strike thru the plastic and get frustrated or injured.

CJ's Exotics likes this.