Feeder cup???

Sarge84

Hi, I have seen that people have feeder cups for their chams, I was wondering how they work and should I get one. Can anyone help with this?

You can buy one as mentioned above, or make your own. They are good for some feeders, depends on the design you use. Do a search for feeder cups in the above search bar and get your reading glasses ready. Lots of info here on ready to buy and make you own feeder cups. Let us know what you decide.

I just buy the little deli cups. Easy to find at most restaurant/restaurant supply stores. Most feeder sites and reptile stores selling feeders carry them too. Support our site sponsors if possible! Usually around $1.

I'd go to the convenience or grocery store and take a few soup cups, see if your chameleon likes being fed with one. I use it to shake up calcium on bugs and my panther will take crickets and worms from the cup but won't touch roaches in the cup. I think that they are too flat- they need to see some sense of depth before they will strike.
Also, what do the commercial cups do that disposable won't do? After a few feedings they get kind of too dirty to really wash well.

Also, what do the commercial cups do that disposable won't do? After a few feedings they get kind of too dirty to really wash well.

The "commercial cups" are their design and convenient to purchase if you're not a craft person. The benefit is you are supporting small business and you've got a tested design. If you're "crafty" like me, do a search and make your own. Either way, your cham benefits. Let us know and post a few pics.

I have 2 camo magnetic feeder cups from full throttle feeders. My champs love em, they can shoot horizontally and vertically to catch up thier food. And the crickets never drown or escape. Great invention Nick!!!

You can make on out of pretty much any non-transparent cup. Put the cup of feeders in the enclosure in a spot where the cham can easily shoot its tongue into it. Pretty simple. As mentioned above, the Full Throttle Feeders feeder cup is a great design and easy to install anywhere in the cage. I may be picking one up soon since my method will not stand the test of time... I hang my feeder cup in some vines in the enclosure and those vine are getting less sturdy every day lol.

I have 2 camo magnetic feeder cups from full throttle feeders. My champs love em, they can shoot horizontally and vertically to catch up thier food. And the crickets never drown or escape. Great invention Nick!!!
Quick question do you break the legs on the crickets before puttin them in the feeder cup?

Hi, a few questions about the feeder cups. Do you no if they work with glass vivs? How does it stop the crickets from just jumping out? And does the company ship to the uk?

Any style feeder cup should work for a glass enclosure. The camo ones from full throttle feeders are magnetic, so they can be placed any where. Like mention by Graves, you can place the commercial cups them in vines that wrap around the cup and hold it securly. The camp cups have a screen mesh at the bottom so you don't need to worry about feeders drowning.

Depends on the size of your cup. I don't have a problem with them jumping out, they jump furthest at an angle and can't really jump too high straight up. Even then you may have some Olympic crickets and 1 or 2 may make it out. It doesn't happen as much as you would think

0F8450DA-0ABF-4C1A-90AC-3B0A0FB456FB.jpeg
2AAAC441-A3CF-42EA-9D57-411D2D6B3023.jpeg
The "commercial cups" are their design and convenient to purchase if you're not a craft person. The benefit is you are supporting small business and you've got a tested design. If you're "crafty" like me, do a search and make your own. Either way, your cham benefits. Let us know and post a few pics.
My home made feeder cup.

The pros for me
1. You know how much cham eating. Once i have found crickets after 3 weeks in enclosure and i thought he had already eaten them, they can hide pretty well :).
2. Even though they can escape from cup, there will not be many. If you break their legs, it will be even less ;). I hate to open the cage, only to saw crickets in corner to escape (y). For this, i love locust's - they move slowly and just hang on mesh. And even if they escape, there is no problem to find/catch them :ROFLMAO:

Despite what i said, my cham dont eat from cup now, he just stare at cup whole day and eat nothing. As soon as i get them out, he eat them.

Despite what i said, my cham dont eat from cup now, he just stare at cup whole day and eat nothing. As soon as i get them out, he eat them.

That's what I had a problem with my Cham wouldn't eat from a cup of any kind, hands or hunted, that was the only way..idk if letting the crickets loose was bad.

Back
Top Bottom