I'm no OrchidArtist, but....

kenya

Avid Member
....I did a painting for the first time in over a year tonight. You will have to excuse finger tips and poor photo quality. I used metallic water colors and sharpie on black card stock. It is very, very shimmery in person and electric in color. I took four photos, each with different lighting. The greens and blues dulled down a bit. Anyway, I am no OrchidArtist, but I am going to try to do more art from now on as a New Year's resolution, so maybe I will have some more posts like this in the future. Enjoy!

champainting2.jpg
champainting3.jpg
champainting.jpg
champainting4.jpg

Nice job! Keep up the good work and be sure to let us look at your efforts. I bet it looks much better in reality because of the metallic watercolors, but it is better than I could ever do! Thank you for sharing.

Actually Nikki, I got to say that I am impressed at yours.
It might not be realistic looking; but, you have a certain style that unique to yours.
I thoroughly enjoy your drawing.
It reminds me a bit of Gustav Klimt and Egon Schielle.

I also agree. Great job Nikki!!!!! It is about 100000000000000000 times better than I could dream of doing hahaha. I can barely draw a stick man:eek:. I love everythingabout it.

I also agree. Great job Nikki!!!!! It is about 100000000000000000 times better than I could dream of doing hahaha. I can barely draw a stick man:eek:. I love everythingabout it.

I would love it if you would draw a picture of a stick man for me and send it with my girl.
;)

-Brad

You sure look like an excellent artist to me!! I would love hanging anything that beautiful in my home. Keep working and keep sharing with us, thanks.:)

Your painting is marvelous ... sorry to post my joke to Cain before without acknowledging your work.

-Brad

Aw, thanks guys :eek:

And yeah, it totally looks smoother and brighter in person- taking photos at 2 am without the right light because the chams are sleeping wasn't the best idea. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom