I'm in Love.....

blackbetty

Decided since it was nice out, Id take Al and Peggy outside...Just hung out and enjoyed the weather for about 20 min. (separately)
Al:
IMG_3165.jpg
Picture217.jpg

Peggy:
Picture211.jpg
Picture213.jpg

Peggy was NOT happy about going back in...

Im assuming I would have to allow them near each other to get babies.. and I havent, nor would I even know when or how to raise babies, so I think they can love each other from a distance.:)

Im assuming I would have to allow them near each other to get babies.. and I havent, nor would I even know when or how to raise babies, so I think they can love each other from a distance.:)

Not necessarily. No need to alarm you, but adult jacksonii are often gravid upon acquisition. If they have bred once, the chances of producing at least some offspring without any subsequent copulations is relatively high. Watch her weight and appetite. That will tell you all you need to know over the next few months.

Fabián

Im sure you won't have to worry about Al and Peggy breeding. Al will just sit at his basking spot with a hand down his pants while Peggy eats bon bons and watches Oprah. ;)

Leid, You crack me up..

Fabina: I was TOLD they were 9-12, CB, and no previous clutches. I then questioned how they could be sold as a breeding pair if they hadnt been bred and that was ignored. (Again,these were bought for my brother, I was just the buyer and middleman)...Im being told the age is about right, but that they look to be WC.. Would she display gravid coloration? Im so new to this, I dont even know what that would be!?

Leid, You crack me up..

Fabian: I was TOLD they were 9-12, CB, and no previous clutches. I then questioned how they could be sold as a breeding pair if they hadnt been bred and that was ignored. (Again,these were bought for my brother, I was just the buyer and middleman)...Im being told the age is about right, but that they look to be WC.. Would she display gravid coloration? Im so new to this, I dont even know what that would be!?

Ah, yes... the all-too-common tale of the captive-bred, adult jacksonii. Possible, yes, but highly unlikely. I wouldn't worry too much, but treat them like imports at least initially. They are most likely of "farmed" origins in the United States, either that or (less likely) imported from Hawaii. It's the reason you don't see many "juvenile" jacksonii in the market, and any true captive-born or bred animals come from private breeders who can usually provide supporting evidence for their success, as raising jacksonii from a neonatal stage can be tricky.

Fabián

Crack-Jacksons!
Oh man, you're addicted now. (you'll end up at a Meller-one clinic in no time):eek:
See, nothing to worry about that a little love and care can't take care of.
They are beautiful (Now you've got me considering full size Jacksons. Thanks.):mad:
Don't take your eyes off them outside, they blend in REALLY quickly.

Jacksons are awsome but live babies worry me, I need time to get ready i guess. They are something I think you of all people would enjoy breeding. Think about it!!:)

Me of all people eh?

I don tknow..Dont think Im qualified..Id be afraid I wouldnt see them and they would be eaten or something..I dont know.. do moms eat their young? See how clueless I am!? I think Ill just hang out with them and enjoy them..

And yea, the male blends in really good. he turned bright green when i put him on the plant. The female just changes to black and white with red across her middle..She always seems mad. Not as active as he is..and doesnt eat as well either.

My understanding (check with Trace for an expert's opinion) is they won't eat their young, but it's best to separate the babies for a more controlled environment. (don't want them getting lost in that great big cage) Just make sure you have plenty of pinheads and ffs on hand when you suspect things are going to happen. They usually "drop" in the morning.

Good luck!

How would I even know.. man, you all have me freaked now! She doesnt look fat or bulging with eggs or anything.. Like i said, would be display a different coloration!? Does someone suspect she could be prego. AHHHH... Im still adjusting ot having them, cant deal with babies anytime in the near future..or ever!

Thank You Jann, i think they did. Wish Hubby would work on their outside cage so they could be out longer.

Crack-Jacksons!
Don't take your eyes off them outside, they blend in REALLY quickly.

HA OMG, Tell me about it!!!

This happened to us on friday, I turned around to finish with our Guinea Pig setup, and my Jackson was in the bamboo right behind me, I turned around and she was no where to be found, I almost had a heartattack and began to search frantically!!

She had found her way into the bunch of bamboo next to it, I dunno HOW she got over there that quickly, but she sure did blend in!:eek:

LOVE EM!!!

::sigh:: There's just something about Jackon's I really love...so I know how you feel

...and what a beautiful couple! ;)

What a stunning pair of chams! I'm so glad you're enjoying them...I appreciate your concerns (just read your post about how you ended up with them) but you will be fantastic mum :). This chameleon obsession lark can be a bit stressful sometimes eh?!

Back
Top Bottom