If you have a one month or younger cham whats the best food you could use?

Beau

I'm asking this because after having my female Veild Chameleon for a little while I would just die to see those babies running around and playing with each other, plus I just love Veild Chameleons and I'm gessing soon I'll love hard labbor. Yes I'm aware of the costs but also I know that you can pay off the money and still get a good cut for yourself, but as another site member said it will probley go right back into my Chameleon. So if you have any useful information post it up.
Beau

Not really too familiar with raising really young babies but the breeder I bought my 4 month old from has tons of babies. He uses the smallest crickets you can buy and fruit flies. Depending on how many babies you have you're looking at 1000s of crickets a week as they'll eat tons at that age.

I got my young ones when they were about 1 1/2 months try fruit flies or pin head crickets.

Whoever told you you would get a good cut for yourself was .... wrong. Especially the first time, when you are learning, you are going to spend (if you do it right) way more time and money than you are going to get out of it. Please do a lot of research before considering breeding.

babies are fed fruit flies and pin heads initially.

I agree with Sandra, profit is a poor motive to breed your Veiled. It would be better for you to raise your Veiled, and perhaps another Cham or 2 from baby to adult. By your questions, you are new to the hobby, so don't get ahead of the process. Enjoy learning how to raise, diagnose problems, medically treat, improve your husbandry (how to meet the animals needs in habitat, temps, water, food, gutloading), and if you enjoy this as much as you do now after some time and experience, you will be ready to be a competent respected breeder.
A good way to say this in a word picture is: If you just got your drivers liscence, your next step should not be to start racing Formula one racecars! Enjoy the steps, and you will not regret it!

CHEERS!!!:D

I'm asking this because after having my female Veild Chameleon for a little while I would just die to see those babies running around and playing with each other, plus I just love Veild Chameleons and I'm gessing soon I'll love hard labbor. Yes I'm aware of the costs but also I know that you can pay off the money and still get a good cut for yourself, but as another site member said it will probley go right back into my Chameleon. So if you have any useful information post it up.
Beau
I use Gyna lurida nymphs since they are very active and can't climb and also some isopods. The isopods have a crustacean exoskeleton so it may be better than insects for calcium uptake. However, isopods aren't always relished and they dry out quick. Forgot to say: baby veileds don't really like to play with each other and after a few months they bite off each other's tails.

isopods are also hard to digest, so should be used sparingly
(I too offer isopods, but not until the chameleons are two months old or so)
it should be noted also that isopods are heavy-metal bioacumulators, so only ones you raise yourself (as opposed to wild caught) should be offered, IMHO

Juvenile food

I have bred lots of veileds and the best food to use is either fruit flies of crickets while they juveniles. Other food sources they usually vomit out until they about a month old

I raised 18 baby jacksons and spent way more money than i made on them. But i will say the experience is worth it. You will learn a lot... Good luck

Also, i used pin heads and flightless fruit flies till they were around 3 and a half four months They eat a sht load!!!

Back
Top Bottom