I was told it was a him. But is it a her? Can anyone help?

ryanlegend

IMG_20101103_084718.jpg
I bought my pather chamelon about 2 months ago. I was told he (or she) was 3 to 4 weeks when i got him/her.

IMG_20101103_082603.jpg

IMG_20101103_082715.jpg

what locale? it definitely looks female, but the stripes throw me off. i think she may just be excited in the photos, pretty girl though. at about three months generally males have a lot of color going on compared to females.

Him or her?

Sambava i believe. Or at least thats what i can tell. Im no expert. But what throws me off is that thers a little shovel on the nose. And doesnt that mean its a male?

:)

haha thank you guys for the help. apparently the "expert" that i got him from isnt so much of an expert.

Hi Ryan,

I think you should post a picture of the tail from a side veiw, it's hard to tell with the angles of pictures.

It is a female...

however idk how ppl, guessed the locale....its nearly impossible to guess the females locale and BTW sambavas r known to have "U-bars" instead of "Y" bars on the sides of their bodies..........however the tailbase between the vent and the tail is very thin...which means there is no hemipenal bulge and indicates female....if it were male the hemipenal bulge would be more noticable...and the males tend to b more greyish color when young, while females i believe tend to be this more light tan /peach/orange coloration....

Female

Thats a female. I see you are from sac who the pro that sold her to you are they from sac also ?

i think it is (no i know it is):D a female. one thing you HAVE to make sure of is that you give her a proper laying bin when she produces infertile eggs. my friends chameleon died because she had infertile eggs, but she couldnt lay them. thats the biggest thing you have to look out for!!! but good luck with your new chameleon!:D

ok thanks guys. about what age will she produce eggs. and what should i use for a bin? ive never had a female before.

Back
Top Bottom