I want to save this poor guy

@Hoj - If you're really willing to do the 60, I'm willing to drive the 45 minutes away to pick him up! :cool:

Someone send me her email, I want to talk to this lady and see if she'll meet half way or something.

i am totally willin just let me know for sure that you have aggangements to pick him up, and it looks like she only wants 40 now so ill give you that if thats cool, and i figure its US dollars witch is fine.

It's great to adopt or rescue an animal... Of course we all wish we could save ALL of the suffering neglected animals in the world but as we all know, we can only do it one at a time. I LOVE that quote and i'm going to steal it from you, lol! It really touched my heart when I read that because that is exactly the way I feel every time I adopt another critter. (i'm going to cry!) I'm such a whimp, lol! Anyway, thank you to all of you who help these little guys out. :)

I also tried to contact this lady to pick up the chameleon. I live in dallas so it wouldve been pretty simple for me. Unfortunately, she sold it already :/ if you picked it up I wish you the best. Everyone on here has a big heart.

Oh she sold it? Well...hopefully to someone who knows what to do with it. I still sent her more info and hope she either reads it for the future or forwards it to whoever bought him. We tried...

It's great to adopt or rescue an animal... Of course we all wish we could save ALL of the suffering neglected animals in the world but as we all know, we can only do it one at a time. I LOVE that quote and i'm going to steal it from you, lol! It really touched my heart when I read that because that is exactly the way I feel every time I adopt another critter. (i'm going to cry!) I'm such a whimp, lol! Anyway, thank you to all of you who help these little guys out. :)

My mom read that quote to me when I was young, and it had an impact obviously. I did not come up with it, and I don't know where she read it from. I'm sure the real version is a little different, but that's how I remember it. So feel free to steal, I remember the original was from 'anonymous' so don't give me the credit. :)

I also tried to contact this lady to pick up the chameleon. I live in dallas so it wouldve been pretty simple for me. Unfortunately, she sold it already :/ if you picked it up I wish you the best. Everyone on here has a big heart.

I think your talking about a different person. I dont think this lady ever put an ad up on craigslist. I put an ad looking for chameleons and she emailed me. SO maybe your talking about another ad?

I actually did not tell her about the forums as I didn't want her to see this very lengthy thread about what a terrible owner she was. ;) I did however provide her with links and lots of good information about general husbandry. Hopefully she at least forwarded my emails to whoever bought him.

"A man walked along the beach when the tide had washed up hundreds of starfish as far as the eye could see. One by one he threw them back as he strolled down the beach. Someone watching him asked him, "Why are you even bothering to throw them back? You can't possibly make a difference with this many washed up". The man threw another one back into the sea and calmly said, "It made a difference to that one."

Just by chance I came across the "full" starfish poem while I was looking at retired track Greyhound stuff. I love it, and it always brings a tear to my eye. Here it is:

The Starfish Poem

An old man was walking down the beach just before dawn.
In the distance he saw a young man picking up stranded starfish and throwing them back into the sea.
As the old man approached the young man, he asked; "Why do you spend so much energy doing what seems to be a waste of time?"
The young man explained that the stranded starfish would die if left in the morning sun. "But there must be thousands of beaches and millions of starfish, exclaimed the old man. "How can your efforts make any difference?"
The young man looked down at the small starfish in his hand and as he threw it to safety in the sea, he said;

"It makes a difference to this one!"

-- Anonymous

Just by chance I came across the "full" starfish poem while I was looking at retired track Greyhound stuff. I love it, and it always brings a tear to my eye. Here it is:

The Starfish Poem

An old man was walking down the beach just before dawn.
In the distance he saw a young man picking up stranded starfish and throwing them back into the sea.
As the old man approached the young man, he asked; "Why do you spend so much energy doing what seems to be a waste of time?"
The young man explained that the stranded starfish would die if left in the morning sun. "But there must be thousands of beaches and millions of starfish, exclaimed the old man. "How can your efforts make any difference?"
The young man looked down at the small starfish in his hand and as he threw it to safety in the sea, he said;

"It makes a difference to this one!"

-- Anonymous

I love it! Thank you. :D

Surprisingly chameleons are resilient i would check the guy out to see how he is walking....really a lot of the time dehydration will take care of a lot!! give him a soak once a day!!! You should help him!! Or help the lady which in turn helps the lizard!!! get him some relief!!

Back
Top Bottom