I want to save this poor guy

I really like the huge pile of poop in the picture. Maybe she wants one that poops smaller. :(

That is beyond terrible conditions... Sometimes it looks like neglect to us but it actually may be a case of just not knowing (at least that's what I hope for). I would contact this person with what her setup SHOULD look like and some links to good caresheets and these forums. If you accost her there's no chance she will listen but if you phrase it as an "I want to help, but I'm not going to pay you for him, and no one else that knows about chameleons will either because he is not being cared for properly" without being rude sometimes people will figure it out and let them go. I've gotten a few turtles out of bad situations that way. I am going to be in Dallas next weekend so if anyone wants to take this guy in I can try to arrange a pickup and set him up with someone else - I just do not have the room myself, and my hubby would not be happy with another addition so soon. But I'd be happy to try to help get him somewhere if someone is willing to take him in! Dchalo, if you want to PM me with contact info I can try to help you inform this (stupid) person if you don't want to deal with them.

Or if no one wants this guy I work with a reptile rescue and hospice in College Station that does an excellent job with their reptiles - top notch facility! She hasn't had much luck with young chameleons but I could work with her to get this guy set up properly. She'd take him without hesitation and get him on the right track.

omg! Give me this chick's email! I am serious, I have no problem ripping into her.

Wait until we rescue him first, then she's all yours. ;)

@Ferret - If you can arrange a pickup, I'll gladly take him in until you come into town. I'll drive and meet you somewhere, whatever you'd like. I just hate to see him suffer. :(

I don't have as much experience as a lot of people here on the forums, but I know the basic care and can have something set up for him within a day to make him much happier.

@Ferret - If you can arrange a pickup, I'll gladly take him in until you come into town. I'll drive and meet you somewhere, whatever you'd like. I just hate to see him suffer. :(

I don't have as much experience as a lot of people here on the forums, but I know the basic care and can have something set up for him within a day to make him much happier.

That's way more effort than his current owner has ever put into him already! If we can get him away from his current conditions I'll be happy to take him to better ones! I sent a PM to dchalo to see if I can get more info.

That's way more effort than his current owner has ever put into him already! If we can get him away from his current conditions I'll be happy to take him to better ones! I sent a PM to dchalo to see if I can get more info.

Okay, keep me posted!
I really hope she comes to her senses.

she needs to be stuck in ferret cage shut closed with a pad-lock. she needs to poop herself, and be fed a steady diet of bread and water.

i would definitely take him if she shipped to Canada, but unfortunately, i wouldn't pay a cent for him. i would feel cheated rewarding someone with money that did nothing for their pet. but i certainly wouldn't mind taking over somebody's honest mistake though, vet bills wouldn't be hassle.

I am awed by the sheer number of caring, kind people we have on this forum. What a wonderful group to be a part of, a big thanks to all of you.

He actualy look really really good for living like he does. Do you have an age on him? He just looks a little dehydrated, and if he is young he may not have any health issues that would require the vet.

Be sure to approach her in a gentle way and not too confrontational. Just make it clear that the animal looks semi-okay but he will only deteriorate in the conditions he is in.

Maybe you should teach her about pygmies. If she insists on having a chameleon, then a Pygmy sounds right for her as they can live in planted tanks and stay "cute" their whole lives.

ya im happy to see so many people willing to help if cash is the issue id be willing to make a donation to anyone who can get and care for this little guy. SERIOUSLY!!!!

Any word yet? I'll be heading off to work here in an hour or so, but I'll keep my iPod (it can get online, wooo!) handy. :p
I'm anxious to hear what that lady had to say about all of this!

I offered to take it off her hands for 20 dollars and she told me that i was just trying to get it because i was broke. If anyone wants her email, PM me. If anyone would be willing to pay 60 dollars to pick this guy up, PM me for her email.

:(:(:(
That's just rude.
I've got to run to work now but I'll be checking messages or this thread as soon as I get there. Hopefully she listens to you.
Where's she based out of anyways, Frisco?

:(:(:(
That's just rude.
I've got to run to work now but I'll be checking messages or this thread as soon as I get there. Hopefully she listens to you.
Where's she based out of anyways, Frisco?

Im not sure actually, i never asked where she lived. But i live in frisco

like i said i will donate the $60 to a member who get get this guy outta there, just give me the bank info ill deposit the money

I just emailed her a novel to read with lots of references and really only one option, I'll let you know how she responds...

That's very sweet of you Hoj, hopefully she will come to her senses and just give him up! I don't want to give her a dime.

Back
Top Bottom