I want to know how to raise male sperm vitality?

MPTP

It has been 3 years since the male veil chameleon come into my home ,then lay succesfully 80 eggs with first chameleon Last month , but I found his second wife that lay not fertiled eggs as describe as https://www.chameleonforums.com/surface-lot-eggs-appear-great-quantity-red-71073/ , It look very good to male in healthy status,and his SVL is about 25cm, the weight is 240 grams.
1、I want to know how to raise male sperm vitality?
2、When put into 3rd female, have never found to mate with it.,the male chameleon hide in grove, How should I do? Could I continue to put them together ?

I'm not sure what the problem was with those eggs, but I don't think fertility was the problem.

The reason- I do not think you would see so much blood or vascular development to cause the red. Infertile- you would see just the yolk or some other color.

Unless the red is from some form of decay (mold? mildew?).
For red to develop from embryonic disc or vascular development they would have to be fertilized.

But I have no experience with eggs that look quite like that so maybe I am mistaken about what occurred to cause the red.

To answer your question- with most lizards, seasonal cycling helps with sperm. Cool in winter, less food, fewer hours of light. Warm in summer, more food, more hours of light. This is natural for the part of the world calyptratus occurs.

But usually unnecessary for this species in captivity. First I would make certain diet is varied, good supplements are used and appropriate lighting with uvb or sunlight.

If he mated with the first female and produced fertile eggs then why do you think that the male has a lack of sperm because the second female didn't produce good eggs. Makes more sense to me that the female has the problem.

As for him not mating with the 3rd female...is she showing dark colors, hissing, gaping, etc. when they can see each other? If so that might be why he's hiding since that would indicate that she is non-receptive.

Does these female accept male later?

The 3rd and 4th female show hissing and gaping, but colors show beautiful light green as if they fall in love,so do it together 3 time, The male expresses to fear when the femlae come in .
1) All individuals are to separately houseing before mate.
2) If the male is self-confident,Do you have some methods to let the male accept them.
3) Does these female accept male later?Can't the female refuse male later ?

I always hold the female outside the male's cage and watch for reactions. If the female remains calm...does NOT hiss, gape, rock or turn dark and the male does NOT react in an aggressive way the female can be put in with the male....but continue to watch them to make sure they continue to act receptively to each other.

The female has to be receptive to the male or any attempt to let them mate will likely end in injuries from fighting...so if the female is hissing, gaping, rocking back and forth, turning dark in the background, etc. I would not even try to mate her with the male.

If the female behaves as described above IMHO the only thing you can do is put her back in her cage and show her to the male again in a few days/weeks/months.

That is what I do as well.
I go with taking whichever animal is calmer with handling and showing it to the other but not allowing them to touch each other unless the female's reaction is to remain peaceful and calm. Sometimes the female will be startled and gape and rock for a minute or two before calming down, so I let them look at each other for a couple of minutes before evaluating the reaction of the female. If she is calm, they are introduced for breeding. If she opens her mouth and rocks side to side I wait 1 week and try again.

I try every week. If the female accepts the male and he is introduced for breeding, I remove them after breeding is finished and re-introduce them daily for a breeding attempt until the female rejects the male.

will the frightened cause male donot dare to mate with these female?

I worry this kind of frightened will bring to male some injury of permanence,will the frightened cause male donot dare to mate with these female later?May be?

Rejection because the female gapes and rocks will not cause him to stop trying later. If kept separate before assessing the female's reaction, no physical harm should come to the male.

One thing very important that I failed to mention for best success-
Keep your animals visually isolated from each other. Do not allow them to see another chameleon except for the short time when you are actually showing them to each other to attempt breeding. Males who do not see females every day have a much stronger breeding interest when they see a female.

Back
Top Bottom