I walked in on a surprise yesterday...

thePopeJP

So I ran home yesterday at lunch to swap out Leo's plant that was dying... I noticed he was looking a bit dehydrated and wanted to take care of it quick. But when I walked into the room...

HIS FIRST SHED!!! Finally.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328734315.635866.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328734652.203953.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328734684.973586.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328734910.234025.jpg

p.s. SolidSnake be jealous! I got to see the whole thing :D

Very nice pics, he looks good :) My boy is shedding now, but he's just over a year old now and he's taking his time. Gone are those quick and easy 1 day sheds...........

Congrats on his first shed! Monty has had all 3 of his sheds with me, and he shed again just yesterday. He was stomping around in his cage rubbing on everything in his path, much like a dog does when it's been bathed, lol!:D

Today he's being kind of weird, just seems very chill. He's been in the middle of his cage and had his tail curled up. Do they ever get stressed out from a shed? Would it affect their behavior?

Also I swapped out the plant and that was a significant environment change for him, I'm wondering of he'll just need some time to adjust

Wait, maybe Ijust only saw him when he was chilling. I was at work all day so... Now he's up and basking under his UVB... And throwing this crazy spotted dark black spine that i haven't seen yet!

I was also lucky and cought my veiled shedding on my day off a few months ago. Saw the whole process. Soo long! But always nice to see the shedding proving that there growing.

Today he's being kind of weird, just seems very chill. He's been in the middle of his cage and had his tail curled up. Do they ever get stressed out from a shed? Would it affect their behavior?

Also I swapped out the plant and that was a significant environment change for him, I'm wondering of he'll just need some time to adjust

They do sometimes get a bit more tense when they are shedding, but his tail curled up usually means relaxed. They are just sometimes grumpier and more defensive when shedding, not when they are so small though usually.
Black stripes and spots are more of a stress sign, so maybe his new plant is scaring him a bit :) just kidding...........

Back
Top Bottom