I think she is choking!!

Progrmor

I gave her a roach that might have been a bit too big!! She is walkingaround like crazy trying to swallow it!! it is half way down I cant like pull it out or anything ??? :( Help1

Okey, false alarm! She manage to swallow it... phuuu! I was scared as sh#t for a while. :eek:
(It was no bigger than the space between her eyes, but pretty damn close)
She aint getting any roaches for a while :mad:
But still, might be good to know if anyone has a method for helping a cham in this situation?

Hi, I have unfortunately had a chameleon pass because of this. It was too late by the time i removed the roach. I would say if you are for sure the chameleon is choking. Remove the roach. In my case i could see most of the roach covering the glottis.

Hi, I have unfortunately had a chameleon pass because of this. It was too late by the time i removed the roach. I would say if you are for sure the chameleon is choking. Remove the roach. In my case i could see most of the roach covering the glottis.

Im sorry for your cham :(
Okey, but I thought maybe she would get so streesed out by me touching her mouth that she would die even easier so I didn´t know what to do.
Thanks for the tip!

contrary to popular belief, chams arent going to die if they get stressed out for a few minutes.

better to stress her out and remove the roach, then let her choke.

We need to find the book our chams read that tells them all the ways to stress. I know they all have the Book!!

We need to find the book our chams read that tells them all the ways to stress. I know they all have the Book!!
Hahaha, I agreee! I was always so afraid of stressing them out over something until I got some experience with administering medication and working with a rescue. If they can deal with assisted feeding and oral medication everyday for weeks on end I'm not too worried about a little extra stress here and there on a healthy chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom