Choking

It was a larger one with wings. I didn't know that they have 2 sets of wings. They arrive without wings but after a few weeks the older ones grow long wings. I remove the wings and the legs to avoid choking. Me and Carmelo Cham love grasshoppers as feeders. Easy to keep, don't require water, poop is dry, don't make noise and live at least 50 days. A order 50 will last me almost 2 months. For me, grasshoppers are the absolute best as feeders.

It was a larger one with wings. I didn't know that they have 2 sets of wings. They arrive without wings but after a few weeks the older ones grow long wings. I remove the wings and the legs to avoid choking. Me and Carmelo Cham love grasshoppers as feeders. Easy to keep, don't require water, poop is dry, don't make noise and live at least 50 days. A order 50 will last me almost 2 months. For me, grasshoppers are the absolute best as feeders.
Oh wow ok thank you I will definitely try them and follow your instructions with them. Do you gut load like you would dubias?

I might be getting scared of feeding my boy here lol @Beman I told you i was going to be a worrie wart lmao this stuff is crazy. I never had problems with my leopard gecko are chams a lot different with feeding?
A year ago I would have never in my life touched a reptile or any of these feeders. I still scream if I drop a feeder outside of the cage.

You got this.

I don't like spiders and snakes but that ain't what it takes to love me. 🤣

Oh wow ok thank you I will definitely try them and follow your instructions with them. Do you gut load like you would dubias?
Yes, dandelion- collard- mustard greens, and anything from the gut load list. Hoppers get their water from food. I use a heat lamp to keep them warm.

A year ago I would have never in my life touched a reptile or any of these feeders. I still scream if I drop a feeder outside of the cage.

You got this.

I don't like spiders and snakes but that ain't what it takes to love me. 🤣
I have always loved reptiles hate spiders but love all the things scaly lol although when I first got my leopard gecko I'm not gonna lie I was scared of the roaches and super worms lol now the roaches can crawl all over me and I don't care, supers only bother me when they wiggle in a pinch grip (that's why not in my lips lol) but it doesn't bother me when they crawl on me anymore. I'm just scared of my guy getting hurt. Probably sounds stupid but I love him already and I don't even have him yet. Haha

1st pic large female and medium male. 2nd pic - The baby showed up 3 weeks ago. He is less than an inch long. Look at his cute tiny wings.
20230806_151107.jpg
20230806_151325.jpg

Omg thank you! This is so helpful. I only have one chameleon and Dubia roaches ALWAYS sends me more hornworms than I order. I get the small 18 pack and feed them off as they grow. But they always seem to put at least 25 in there. I don’t want to feed him to many, but then they get too big 😂
You could let them pupate into hawk moths too!

I might be getting scared of feeding my boy here lol @Beman I told you i was going to be a worrie wart lmao this stuff is crazy. I never had problems with my leopard gecko are chams a lot different with feeding?
So I always feed smaller than needed feeders. Not only do you have less chance of choking you have less chance of a mouth issue due to them trying to take down a large feeder. The dubia I feed are no larger than 1/2 to 3/4 inch long. I feed much smaller hornworns, superworms, etc. I do not order large in any thing. With Beman he does not hold onto his feeders he immediately chews them up and takes them down. Panthers will hold their feeders in their mouth. Kinda play with them a bit. This is for me a reason to feed smaller just because less bite risk to the mouth.

So I always feed smaller than needed feeders. Not only do you have less chance of choking you have less chance of a mouth issue due to them trying to take down a large feeder. The dubia I feed are no larger than 1/2 to 3/4 inch long. I feed much smaller hornworns, superworms, etc. I do not order large in any thing. With Beman he does not hold onto his feeders he immediately chews them up and takes them down. Panthers will hold their feeders in their mouth. Kinda play with them a bit. This is for me a reason to feed smaller just because less bite risk to the mouth.
Ok ty I will do the same

I sometimes see my panther hold roaches in mouth for a few minutes (one time it was 10 minutes) before he swallows. I thought he was being a spoiled brat and wanted superworms, huh. Now I know it’s not that. Thanks!😊

Back
Top Bottom