I think my Juvenile Jacksons Chameleon has a URI.

His day time humidity just needs to stay in the 50% range however night time should be much higher I shoot for 80% by misting before lights go out and by running an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier from midnight to 5 am into the cage. This keeps him from losing hydration while sleeping. You can also get these at Walmart or thru Amazon.

So I took him to the vet and they said he's all good and nothing Is wrong but I have noticed him "yawning" and when he does he convulses a little bit but it stops what is this all about? is it a heat thing or an air one? he drank quite a bit this morning. I had to wrap up 2 sides to keep up humidity its around 65 right now
My Veiled will do this as well. Usually it's a yawn mixed with a stretch of the skin. He will litteraly shake his whole branch doing so. Usually see it before or during sheds.

I've noticed he's a bit cold as well he's had Dark spots almost all day should I get a new bulb for him or move his basking spot up some more? I moved him away from the door but he's still under a vent. his basking spot is less then an inch from the light and the basking temp is about 83 degrees.

83˚F is a bit high for a juveniles basking spot I would stay closer to 78 until he is at least 9 mos. Easiest way is to raise the bulb an inch or two. Divert the vent.

He may be under high stress because he just gave a threat posture any tips on how to make him relax? He's not as active as he was in the glass or the first day in his new screen cage. Ever since I took him to the vert he just kinda hangs out on the top branch and has rlly dark colors. He ate today and I used the calcium supplements the vet gave me and recommended on his mealworms and even the crickets I gave him yesterday.
This is his cage so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1948.jpeg
    IMG_1948.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 150
I bought a jungle theme shower curtain to cover two sides on my screen cage. It was $14 on amazon. It actually makes a pretty nice looking background. There are a lot of different ones available.

He may be under high stress because he just gave a threat posture any tips on how to make him relax? He's not as active as he was in the glass or the first day in his new screen cage. Ever since I took him to the vert he just kinda hangs out on the top branch and has rlly dark colors. He ate today and I used the calcium supplements the vet gave me and recommended on his mealworms and even the crickets I gave him yesterday.
This is his cage so far.
He needs more horizontal branches. He only stays in one spot because that's the only spot you've given him.

Back
Top Bottom