I think my cham is constipated!!

ken2414

Established Member
I recently fed my 5 month old veiled super worms, he ate about six wont accept them or crickets. i am coming to believe hes constipated...what are the signs and how can i help him? maybe a laxative

How long since he ate or defacated?

Offering plenty to drink is the best thing you can do for minor constipation.

He's probably fine.

If he won't eat, it might be because of a number of things, severe constipation is one, but i would explore other possibilities.

Good luck

Mine had a similar problem 2 days ago. A little bit of white stuff was trying to come out but the rest seemed stuck. I filled the sink with warm water to about halfway up it's body and put a small stick for him to hold into. In about 5 minutes of trying to climb up the sink it took a big dump, maybe this could help.

Mine had a similar problem 2 days ago. A little bit of white stuff was trying to come out but the rest seemed stuck. I filled the sink with warm water to about halfway up it's body and put a small stick for him to hold into. In about 5 minutes of trying to climb up the sink it took a big dump, maybe this could help.

For some reason, in my head, it seems like you scared the shit out of him by giving him the impression he would drown.

For some reason, in my head, it seems like you scared the shit out of him by giving him the impression he would drown.

Lol... oh, that is definately the funniest post I've seen on here in a very long time - if not ever!

I'm giving you some reputation points for that one :D

I've never had a constipated Cham... But with my Beardies ... A luke warm bath and a gentle belly rub will usually work one out. Chams are not as relaxed as Dragons are so if you were going to try it I would do it in appropriately sized tuuperware container and fill it to the level where it will come just above their tail and see if the warm bath wont do it on its own... if still nothing then maybe try to gently massage in a a downward motion on the belly with your finger while they are in the water... Most dragons actually love this. But I have heard of this working on chams... Just try to keep him as calm as a veiled can be while being handled. That's what I would try.

Back
Top Bottom