I think my baby veiled hates me, help?

Thank you! I didn’t know that about the larvae. Do you mean black soldier fly larvae or any type of larvae? Because soldiers are hard to find here. I would rather get dubias before crickets because dubias don’t fly nor jump or smell and crickets, well, as far as I do like their singing, they creep me out and I have to take their hind legs off before dropping them in my cham’s cup so it’s somewhat hard. Thing is my cham is small so I’d need small dubias.
Yes, black Soldier fly larvae. Dubias so great, and they barely stink. Crickets creep me out too, and stink! That's cool that you live in spain! I've always wanted to go there! Just make sure you gutload your feeders, I have the chart if you need it. ???

Yes, black Soldier fly larvae. Dubias so great, and they barely stink. Crickets creep me out too, and stink! That's cool that you live in spain! I've always wanted to go there! Just make sure you gutload your feeders, I have the chart if you need it. ???

I always gutload them! I enjoy gutloading for some reason haha! Sadly I can’t find soldier fly larvae here but I want to get dubias for my baby and stick insects a friend is gonna give to me for free. What worries me rn is that my cham, Conway, seemed to be starting to associate my hand with being good, as he’d run to the cup not even a second after I dropped crickets in it but since he fell yesterday he just hates me ??? and he didn’t eat today so

I always gutload them! I enjoy gutloading for some reason haha! Sadly I can’t find soldier fly larvae here but I want to get dubias for my baby and stick insects a friend is gonna give to me for free. What worries me rn is that my cham, Conway, seemed to be starting to associate my hand with being good, as he’d run to the cup not even a second after I dropped crickets in it but since he fell yesterday he just hates me ??? and he didn’t eat today so
Yes, it's fun! It's like the insects are our pets as well. lol, My cham loves to eat out of my hand and arm. another thing I would recommend if he is scared is to put the food in a food bowl and hold it, so they eat from that. I think they would know its from you since you actually holding it out to them. This is a process that everyone goes through. I am learning every day about what and what not to do. :)

Are you able to find silkworms there? They are one of my favorite feeders and I have found great for hand feeding since they don’t run off your hand. Give your little guy time...lots of time. Chams never really ‘like’ us and are always going to be wary. With time, patience and effort though, he will learn to have some trust in you.

Are you able to find silkworms there? They are one of my favorite feeders and I have found great for hand feeding since they don’t run off your hand. Give your little guy time...lots of time. Chams never really ‘like’ us and are always going to be wary. With time, patience and effort though, he will learn to have some trust in you.

That’s the good thing, silkworms are SUUUUPER easy to find here. They’re sold and given for free by people. Kids often keep them as pets and they exchange the worms to other kids. I may take a look and find some.

Yes, it's fun! It's like the insects are our pets as well. lol, My cham loves to eat out of my hand and arm. another thing I would recommend if he is scared is to put the food in a food bowl and hold it, so they eat from that. I think they would know its from you since you actually holding it out to them. This is a process that everyone goes through. I am learning every day about what and what not to do. :)

He runs away from my hand at the moment so I don’t know what to do about that ? I’m at the moment letting him settle in, I’m afraid he won’t eat.

Time and patience...LOTS of both! Let your little guy settle and grow. He’s still very young. Eventually he will learn that seeing you means food time and that you aren’t going to eat him. It may take months. Once he’s learned this, then try hand feeding. I use silkworms and hold one out on the back of my hand and then wait. Sometimes my chams won’t take it if I’m looking at them...other times they don’t care. I try to move slowly and not place my hand into their space. It also helps if the chameleon is higher than you...makes them feel safer.

Time and patience...LOTS of both! Let your little guy settle and grow. He’s still very young. Eventually he will learn that seeing you means food time and that you aren’t going to eat him. It may take months. Once he’s learned this, then try hand feeding. I use silkworms and hold one out on the back of my hand and then wait. Sometimes my chams won’t take it if I’m looking at them...other times they don’t care. I try to move slowly and not place my hand into their space. It also helps if the chameleon is higher than you...makes them feel safer.

I’m gonna wait months before trying to bond. He’s so tiny and I’m afraid to hurt him or sonething so I’ll do that

Today I saw him poop, which kind of reliefs me. Maybe he’ll want to eat today?
16D5D33A-003E-4DCE-8B06-2D1E1FC34532.jpeg

The white thingie/pee is completely white, calms me down since that means he’s hydrating himself

He runs away from my hand at the moment so I don’t know what to do about that ? I’m at the moment letting him settle in, I’m afraid he won’t eat.
Oh, I'm sorry for bragging! I felt the exact same way when I got my veiled. She runs away from me. And she still does if I get to close to the cage. Put her food in his food bowl and have him eat that way if you are scared he won't eat, the only concern about that is that it's not bonding. But I agree with @MissSkittles it is going to take a while, just keep persisting. ??

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sorry for bragging! I felt the exact same way when I got my veiled. She runs away from me. And she still does if I get to close to the cage. Put her food in his food bowl and have him eat that way if you are scared he won't eat, the only concern about that is that it's not bonding. But I agree with @MissSkittles it is going to take a while, just keep persisting. ??
I’ll do that! As I haven’t taken off the top glass yet to put mesh, today I only handled him when he tried to climb to the lamp, but I just put him back on a branch. He climbs when the enclosure is too dry so when I mist it up he stays in his branches.

I’ll do that! As I haven’t taken off the top glass yet to put mesh, today I only handled him when he tried to climb to the lamp, but I just put him back on a branch. He climbs when the enclosure is too dry so when I mist it up he stays in his branches.
Sweetheart, you really need to get those enclosure upgrades as soon as you can. Little ones aren’t as forgiving as older chams and can get sick very quickly.

Okay, sounds good! :D (y)

Half an hour ago, I went to mist his cage up before sleeping. I turn all his lights off at 8 PM since I wake up at 7 AM for school this week and until 8 AM it’s still dark, so he can get his 12 hours of sleep. As I was misting his enclosure, I pointed the mister a bit towards the glass so the water drops would roll down to the plant root/branch he was sitting in. And he was a bright green, no curly tail, he kept staring at me and didn’t run away. As I kept misting the glass, he drank from the drops and idk I think it’s good that he didn’t run away nor get defensive. He was chillin and he was aware of me misting his cage. I even managed to take some pics.

7B0ED5FF-6E85-4C13-B0C1-B3DBCA0C3DD8.jpeg
B0200DFD-ACF9-4438-A5EE-75CF4E424627.jpeg
CFDC7EB0-C53D-453F-A4A0-01740EC3B7E4.jpeg
A4F05FD2-B4DF-4D69-AA62-C6D0D2C467AE.jpeg
F55042CF-7E38-491B-90B1-75E43F059897.png

I also saw him bask in the morning and I think that he ate while I was taking a nap so that’s good.

Half an hour ago, I went to mist his cage up before sleeping. I turn all his lights off at 8 PM since I wake up at 7 AM for school this week and until 8 AM it’s still dark, so he can get his 12 hours of sleep. As I was misting his enclosure, I pointed the mister a bit towards the glass so the water drops would roll down to the plant root/branch he was sitting in. And he was a bright green, no curly tail, he kept staring at me and didn’t run away. As I kept misting the glass, he drank from the drops and idk I think it’s good that he didn’t run away nor get defensive. He was chillin and he was aware of me misting his cage. I even managed to take some pics.

View attachment 279275View attachment 279276View attachment 279277View attachment 279278View attachment 279279
That is Wonderful! Just make sure he get 12 hours of UVB That is a great sign! :D (y) ?

That is Wonderful! Just make sure he get 12 hours of UVB That is a great sign! :D (y) ?

He does get his 12 hours of Uvb! I only turn off the bask lamp at like 2 PM when he gets off the basking zone, sometimes I turn it back on for a few minutes in case he wants to bask more

He does get his 12 hours of Uvb! I only turn off the bask lamp at like 2 PM when he gets off the basking zone, sometimes I turn it back on for a few minutes in case he wants to bask more
Okay! Sorry I was rude! :)

Back
Top Bottom