I spy with my little eye....a butt!

alhickabee

I came home from church this morning to see Fe digging away in her laying bin. Unfortunately she saw me and stop digging, but I threw a blanket over her cage. I just peeked in on her and luckily all I could see was her rear end. It's been ~26 days since I noticed her colors change so I wasn't really expecting her to be tunneling so soon; plus she ate Friday. I was actually going to home depot to get a trash can and some more play sand yesterday until my alternator died. I just hope she finds the 8"x8" pot in her cage big enough. If she abandons the hole or something how should I go about moving her to a bigger laying bin? I was thinking a big stick and some vines from her cage to the trash can but I don't want her to wander off or fall into the drainage bin while crossing. Nor do I want to spend a lot of time setting it up as I'll probably be in her view even with the blanket over the cage. Any advice would be appreciated!:) Wish Fe and I luck!!!

P.S. Hopefully I will have pictures later....

I personally do not mess w/ the trash can method or moving them outside the enclosure. I know people do it with success. However, I like to keep the nest inside the enclosure and cover the sides w/ a blanket or towel just as you did. You can also start a tunnel for her, this may encourage her to dig there. Hopfully, she will have no problem laying in the bin you have for her now, so just be patient. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom