I sent an email to Z Med

MrsM

Avid Member
I figured why not. If you send one too screenshot it.
Also disclaimer that this is my personal opinion that everyone may not share and it isn’t based on research, but inviting people to up their game seems like an opportunity for positive change.

Last edited:
Y’all going to let the size of something scare you from voicing what is right? Come on now as my dad would tell me the bigger the bully the harder they fall. If more ppl voice at least something can be done. Y’all need more positivity in your life!! Sorry since getting electrocuted I’m a lot more positive :ROFLMAO:

Y’all going to let the size of something scare you from voicing what is right? Come on now as my dad would tell me the bigger the bully the harder they fall. If more ppl voice at least something can be done. Y’all need more positivity in your life!! Sorry since getting electrocuted I’m a lot more positive :ROFLMAO:
No, when I was new I sent an email... Never got a response. I was really mad that I bought something that was useless for a cham. Size being wrong and lighting being totally incorrect. Ignoring that the rest of what they add in is virtually useless. I was not happy that what I thought would be good in no way was good and that I wasted money and time on it.

Yeah they don't care... Big company and all about the $

Yes probably, I mean I’m not that naive. But no matter what experience tells me I try to not assume nothing will change without doing anything.
When I don’t tell people directly what they are doing that needs to be changed I am only ensuring they will repeatedly disappoint me (and in this case others). If I tell them and they do nothing that’s different because the ball is in their court. I’d want to be told. Like if my fly is down or I’m mispronouncing something just tell me. So that’s my code.
Figure were saving them the hassle of assembling a focus group. It could help their business.
If they do nothing which is a distinct possibility then at least I feel more justified to complain.

No, when I was new I sent an email... Never got a response. I was really mad that I bought something that was useless for a cham. Size being wrong and lighting being totally incorrect. Ignoring that the rest of what they add in is virtually useless. I was not happy that what I thought would be good in no way was good and that I wasted money and time on it.

I love that you emailed too.
How many people here that are good keepers now started off with the wrong stuff like you? And had to save up to replace it?
It helps to remember that because people get triggered when they see new people with kits but if they are on here asking for tips to improve just help them move forward, they could become great keepers and advocates someday.

I love that you emailed too.
How many people here that are good keepers now started off with the wrong stuff like you? And had to save up to replace it?
It helps to remember that because people get triggered when they see new people with kits but if they are on here asking for tips to improve just help them move forward, they could become great keepers and advocates someday.
I have been here on the forums since November. I still consider myself a Newbie. I will tell you that for us regulars even me who see the kit. yes, it is a trigger. But more over it is the fact that only maybe 25% of the new keepers are willing to replace the items they already purchased. IME this is what I have seen. This makes us regulars less inclined to jump in and try to help because we get tired of getting slapped in the face for trying. It is truly a double edged situation. While we have to remind ourselves that this newbie may end up being the 1 out of 10 that renews our hope and fuels us to help others.

We still can only help so much. We can not hand hold. Someone has to be able to take the information and apply it. They have to be open to looking at all resources and learning. Even when we give links to resources to further ones knowledge they tend to not get utilized all the time either.

While I did buy the incorrect item and new nothing coming in to this hobby... I did not wait. I instantly used a credit card to purchase absolutely everything. Waiting in this hobby gives you sick chams as well. They are too delicate to take the time to save up for the right stuff. I also instantly starting lurking reading everything I could in the forum. Buying books and listening to podcasts. This is important because if someone is not willing to learn fully then this is not an animal they should have. You have to seek out the information. It does not come served on a plate.

Update: called them.
The rep was really receptive ( and yes spoke English) and told me the starter kit was for juveniles. I brought up possibly calling it a Juvenile kit and showing on the side of the box what would be needed as they grow. That’s good for them in the long run.
She likes the idea, isn’t on a development team but will pass it on.
So, that’s something.

They know exactly what they're doing. Getting you to buy the crap they massed produced and coming back for the right stuff in bits in pieces. If I could I'd avoid ZooMed all together, but I still have a XL Reptibreeze, some fake vines and plants, and my T5HO hoods and bulbs. Can't escape them sometimes.

Well, yeah so coming back to buy in bits and pieces is for sure their game but the problem is when people find out the hard way. Because it doesn’t say juveniles on the box and it shows a huge male panther. So I suggested they change it, and make a section on the package about what adult chameleons actually need (none of which is being provided) which would plug their other products at the same time.
So it may not go anywhere but it also may help who knows

Back
Top Bottom