I selected my baby!!

@CC's Baby I saw you posted somewhere about vines but lost it. lol. I got these as well as a ton of vines for mine. They are pretty cool and can bench and hold their shape. It says they are good for creating basking areas as well. I got 4 small and 1 large size. The large has a diameter of about an inch so I ended up getting the smaller one's that have a half inch diameter in case he had issue with the larger diameter. The best price I found was at Josh's frogs here is the link https://www.joshsfrogs.com/exo-terra-jungle-tree-small.html

@CC's Baby I saw you posted somewhere about vines but lost it. lol. I got these as well as a ton of vines for mine. They are pretty cool and can bench and hold their shape. It says they are good for creating basking areas as well. I got 4 small and 1 large size. The large has a diameter of about an inch so I ended up getting the smaller one's that have a half inch diameter in case he had issue with the larger diameter. The best price I found was at Josh's frogs here is the link https://www.joshsfrogs.com/exo-terra-jungle-tree-small.html
I did see those on this site. So you are referring to the jungle tree? I was going to get this tree but wasn't sure how I would mount it within but I thought it would be great for basking. Thanks for sharing that. So is the big jungle tree working for you as well?

Yes, the Jungle tree. I am not using them yet but will be putting them in when I get his new enclosure the end of the month. I think they will be easily mounted with zip ties because the base is flexible as well. I was also thinking because I have two very long pothos that I will be creating an area where he can get in and hide like in the wild. I think the jungle tree will be good for lifting my vines up slightly off the main top area creating areas of different gradients for him to slip into. Granted all of this is in my head and I have been thinking endlessly on it lol. I was impressed with the quality though and the fact that they are water proof so no stress of mold growing.

Yes, the Jungle tree. I am not using them yet but will be putting them in when I get his new enclosure the end of the month. I think they will be easily mounted with zip ties because the base is flexible as well. I was also thinking because I have two very long pothos that I will be creating an area where he can get in and hide like in the wild. I think the jungle tree will be good for lifting my vines up slightly off the main top area creating areas of different gradients for him to slip into. Granted all of this is in my head and I have been thinking endlessly on it lol. I was impressed with the quality though and the fact that they are water proof so no stress of mold growing.
wow, that is a fantastic idea. I think I will order some as well. They look pretty cool and I have been thinking a lot about how I wanted his basking spot to be and then creating like you said, hiding spots, and other spots in different temperatures around the cage that are pretty cool for him. Thanks so much for sharing and it is good to know that you already have them and see the quality, so I don't have to question it. Glad they are waterproof as well. That is a concern with a lot of this stuff.

wow, that is a fantastic idea. I think I will order some as well. They look pretty cool and I have been thinking a lot about how I wanted his basking spot to be and then creating like you said, hiding spots, and other spots in different temperatures around the cage that are pretty cool for him. Thanks so much for sharing and it is good to know that you already have them and see the quality, so I don't have to question it. Glad they are waterproof as well. That is a concern with a lot of this stuff.
Keep in mind the diameter on the large is about an inch and the diameter on the small is half an inch. Josh's frogs sells both and they offer them at the best price. I found them on Amazon but they were ridiculously priced. Show pics when you get your set up. It will still be a bit before I have everything out of my brain and implemented in his permanent enclosure. :)

I did see those on this site. So you are referring to the jungle tree? I was going to get this tree but wasn't sure how I would mount it within but I thought it would be great for basking. Thanks for sharing that. So is the big jungle tree working for you as well?
So I just ordered some as well. We will have to share with each other when we get them put in. Thanks again Beeman. You have more MORE than helpful to me today. Much much appreciated.

Keep in mind the diameter on the large is about an inch and the diameter on the small is half an inch. Josh's frogs sells both and they offer them at the best price. I found them on Amazon but they were ridiculously priced. Show pics when you get your set up. It will still be a bit before I have everything out of my brain and implemented in his permanent enclosure. :)
Yes, I did order 4 small and 1 large as well. Like you said, I may have to wait on the large until he gets full grown but I am excited that someone else is also putting them in. And YES, I will definitely share the posts of what I do with them. You had some great ideas with them!

Thanks Matt. Yeah to bad the timing was off for both of us. I'm still looking forward to getting some of yours as well. I'm thinking this year we'll make it happen.

Bet the offspring will be awesome.

Sorry getting off topic.
Yes, I bet you guys can get some beautiful color combos and markings if you make that happen.!

Yes, I did order 4 small and 1 large as well. Like you said, I may have to wait on the large until he gets full grown but I am excited that someone else is also putting them in. And YES, I will definitely share the posts of what I do with them. You had some great ideas with them!
Awesome I am excited to see yours! I feel like I could put my daughter through a semester of college with all the money I have spent lol. My daughter just laughs when another box shows up. I got a solarmeter too. Highly recommend as my basking spot was way off from where it needed to be to get the proper UVB levels. It was expensive but I am at the point of what is a few hundred more dollars when it comes to Beman lol.

Awesome I am excited to see yours! I feel like I could put my daughter through a semester of college with all the money I have spent lol. My daughter just laughs when another box shows up. I got a solarmeter too. Highly recommend as my basking spot was way off from where it needed to be to get the proper UVB levels. It was expensive but I am at the point of what is a few hundred more dollars when it comes to Beman lol.
I GET IT! I don't even have my cage yet and I have already blown a grand!!! And I had the same thought a little bit ago when I saw the posting on the bygel containers and then the jungle trees that I bought as well. I figure I will overbuy and will return what I don't use. But between you and I, I will probably use EVERY BIT OF IT! Yes, as my son leaves to go back to college this afternoon, I had that same thought! So Funny, we are on the same wave length Beeman. LOL!

I GET IT! I don't even have my cage yet and I have already blown a grand!!! And I had the same thought a little bit ago when I saw the posting on the bygel containers and then the jungle trees that I bought as well. I figure I will overbuy and will return what I don't use. But between you and I, I will probably use EVERY BIT OF IT! Yes, as my son leaves to go back to college this afternoon, I had that same thought! So Funny, we are on the same wave length Beeman. LOL!
So funny. My daughter is 14 and thinks I am crazy with all my Chameleon stuff in boxes and ready to go. I feel a little nuts though so I guess it is all good lol. I think I will totally use everything I bought. I got the heat lamp hanger that Ceceblue recommended and it is going to work perfectly. I think it is an awesome thing when you can meet people that are in a similar spot as you and connect. Not to mention being able to get recommendations and such when you are new to all of this. It is quite a lot to learn and you can be easily mislead if you don't really know better. So glad we connected!

So funny. My daughter is 14 and thinks I am crazy with all my Chameleon stuff in boxes and ready to go. I feel a little nuts though so I guess it is all good lol. I think I will totally use everything I bought. I got the heat lamp hanger that Ceceblue recommended and it is going to work perfectly. I think it is an awesome thing when you can meet people that are in a similar spot as you and connect. Not to mention being able to get recommendations and such when you are new to all of this. It is quite a lot to learn and you can be easily mislead if you don't really know better. So glad we connected!
That is sooo true! Yes, I am completely knew to this and my husband isn't exactly on board yet, but I keep telling him, hey , I think you will like this guy and he doesn't make ANY NOISE! That joke is because I also have a quaker parrot which can be loud, but he is entertaining. And yes, my son, now he is 19 and is headed back to Colorado to go play collegebaseball, he thinks it is cool. Of course, he is like me, and loves animals OF ANY KIND, so he liked it and helped me decide o his name. So I have one supporter for sure, but at 51 years old, I kinda just do what I want to do, right! Animals are such an important part of life for me and I enjoy them. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time, but I finally figured out that the reptile I wanted was a cham, and I think I have made the perfect choice. So YES, this forum and YOU and Matt and Don and and OMG, everyone else that share these ideas are soooo great! I could not have done ANY of this without this forum and connecting with people like yourself and others. I am going to sit and read more through the day. I think I have about 10 shipments coming starting today and every day for the next week. I cannot wait to get Otto home and in his habitat. I still have to get the feeding supplies yet, but I think it is so much fun! Makes me feel like a kid again, I get a little nuts about it too, so we can share out nutty stories with each other :) Thanks for sharing and chatting!

You will appreciate the solarmeter when it comes time to change out bulbs - trying to eek every last penny from those bulbs before they are really out of commission!

You will appreciate the solarmeter when it comes time to change out bulbs - trying to eek every last penny from those bulbs before they are really out of commission!
So where what did you get and where did you get it. I don't think I saw that post thread. I will have to look into it.

Honestly I did not realize how important it really was until I got it and tested what I thought was my perfect basking spot. It was way off. I listened to Bill's podcast episode 91 about lighting for Veiled Chameleons and was blown away by the amount of info. After 3 days of freaking out that I was pretty sure that my UVI readings were not "perfect" I ordered it. I think it is definitely a must have and a key component to providing the right husbandry. And yes with prices on the bulbs it is an added plus to get every penny worth lol.

Honestly I did not realize how important it really was until I got it and tested what I thought was my perfect basking spot. It was way off. I listened to Bill's podcast episode 91 about lighting for Veiled Chameleons and was blown away by the amount of info. After 3 days of freaking out that I was pretty sure that my UVI readings were not "perfect" I ordered it. I think it is definitely a must have and a key component to providing the right husbandry. And yes with prices on the bulbs it is an added plus to get every penny worth lol.
Hey I have a question -- I was trying to find some of Bill's podcasts and these higher episode #'s and It was only showing me a few podcasts. Am I not going to the right location to see these?

So where what did you get and where did you get it. I don't think I saw that post thread. I will have to look into it.
Ok you should have a Solarmeter to measure your UVB levels at what areas of your cage. Matt will be able to tell you what the best UVI reading is for a Panther. I am not sure since all my research has been Veiled based. Both links are the best prices with prime shipping on Amazon.
Here is the link for that:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076GXJFJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And I would get a temp gun... Point and click without disturbing your Chameleon. I am in love with this too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FYVEJMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom