Getting my Grandson started

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with you people. I don’t have any idea where in the world you got the idea that I don’t know about the proper care of chameleons. I merely asked where to find them in the wild rather than to continue to sponsor the irresponsible sale and trade of the species.
My friend I’m 64 years old and already raised my children (both older than yourself) and am now engaged daily interaction and rearing of my grandchildren. I’ve forgotten more about reptile husbandry including chameleons than most of you will ever know. I can only speculate that you have egos and control issues that make you think that you possess the only knowledge and that anyone else who dares enter the forum is lacking the knowledge and experience you all are so proud of. People who are truly knowledgeable don’t force their limited experiences on others they don’t know but rather engage and listen and then maybe you can learn something.
Only a moron would think that anyone would allow a 4 year old or anyone unskilled to hunt and or capture any wild creature. I also take my grandson as I did with my children hunting, for wild game, but that doesn’t mean that I handed them a rifle and turned them loose. They are along for learning safe practices for guns, behaviors of wild animals and respect for the land, animals, and weapons used to harvest animals. Not everyone has to rely on the intelligence of their children whether on or off the spectrum smart people like country folks, farmers and hunters etc. actively nurture our children in every aspect of husbandry, hunting and respect for the outdoors and the hazards and joys of the privileges we have been provided. So please take your more holier than thou attitudes and choke on them. I NEVER ASKED FOR YOUR HELP OR ADVISE ON HUSBANDRY OR CARE. I ASKED for a LOCATION for responsible harvesting of animals forced to survive in an unfamiliar environment.

This is the last time I'll be responding to you, and I will leave this conversation like this:

It's weird to me that you are so knowledgeable and experienced, yet couldn't just find that simple piece of information on your own. It's a 2 second google search. You have been treating people absolutely ridiculous here so I am done being the nice guy.

What you're suggesting is stupid. You're gonna take your 4 year old grandson out in Florida in dangerous areas just to catch a chameleon that is likely not gonna last a few weeks? WILD. Especially considering how you've talked down on everyone in here. Literally calling me a moron.

It's already been explained to you why this is a terrible idea. You want a location? Fine. Go out at night around Lee, Collier, Miami-Dade, and Broward counties (2 second google search) with a flash light and leave the 4 year old grandson at home with his parents. Good luck grandpa. Watch out for the rest of the wildlife that's dangerous. I'm done here. peace

Guy over here trying to criticize my parenting, but at the ripe age of 64 wants to take his 4 year old grandson chameleon hunting in Florida. unbelievable

Drop The Mic GIF by Chuey Martinez

I think it would be good for all members to stop commenting now. The OP got their locations from multiple members so no need to warn or show concern any further.

Thank you all for your passion and trying to assist the OP, I think we are good now on feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom