I said I want out! Beman Shenanigans!

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
So Beman is a big dork and almost always wants to come out when I am near his enclosure. So this morning I was attempting to spot clean and trying to measure to add another plant to the bottom left of his enclosure. This was his shenanigans caught on camera lol. He holds on with his tail and back feet and then lunges as far forward toward me with his arms grabbing through the air for any part of me he can try to reach. He came all the way down to the bottom and tried so I put him back at the top of his enclosure then he came down half way to try to reach for me again.

IMG_2864.jpg IMG_2863.jpg IMG_2866.JPG IMG_2865.JPG

You're lucky! Most veilds don't act this way. Not mine at least lol
Yeah this is his typical reaction when I walk by or if he sees me sitting at my desk. Before I got his huge cage I thought it was an issue of not having enough room and him not being happy. He has been in the new big one for a month and still acts the same. I adore him!

Mine does the same. They love to get out of the cage, despite all the hard work you put into making it perfect for them, to explore the world. Beman is picking up beautiful colors. He looks a lot like our Rio!

Sigh - I'm so jealous'. Spike doesn't want anything to do with me. I hand feed him every day but he has no interest in climbing on my hand or coming out of his cage. I'll sit in front of his cage with the door open and he shows no interest in exploring.

Don't give up yet. My other veiled is much more reserved, however, with slow, gentle movement and hand feeding she is getting more and more curious about it. I think in another month she'll trust me enough to come to me to take her out. That being said, if she doesn't want to do something, I don't force her.

A month ago if I got anywhere near her she would absolutely freak out. Either she'd turn rabid and attack, or she'd turn yellow and feign death! Now she's pretty chill, but still reserved. I've been absolutely stunned that she's let me put a dropper in her cage (been trying to train them to drink from one for emergencies)... I drip it a bit on a leaf for her to see, then I get close and drip it on the tip of her lip. She doesn't seem to mind one bit, but she does go cross eyed looking at it, then looks at me, then back at it, then back at me like "are you stupid?" :rolleyes::LOL:

man, my veiled does not like humans at all, but I guess that's what I get for being a rescue home, lol, he's only ever come to me willingly once when I don't have food... if I have a hornworm that's a different story lol Beman is so cute though, I absolutely love his personality not to mention he is stunning!

man, my veiled does not like humans at all, but I guess that's what I get for being a rescue home, lol, he's only ever come to me willingly once when I don't have food... if I have a hornworm that's a different story lol Beman is so cute though, I absolutely love his personality not to mention he is stunning!
Imelda hates humans as well. I guess what’s what happens when they are miss treated by old owners

Take that sweet boy out! Veileds really don’t like being caged.
I know... It kills me and I always give in and take him out of his cage. The new dragon strand clearside I got him is 24 deep x 30 wide x 48 tall. I tried building him a semi free range as well. That is in front of the window and is 3 foot tall and 2 feet wide. But he climbs down out of it to come over to where I am at my desk. Most of the time he ends up on my shoulder because of this. I take him outside every day that it is nice out but he hates being in the cage outside and will pace so I end up with him basking on my arms lol. He pretty much always gets his way. I just love him so much so I always give in to whatever makes him happy.

Sigh - I'm so jealous'. Spike doesn't want anything to do with me. I hand feed him every day but he has no interest in climbing on my hand or coming out of his cage. I'll sit in front of his cage with the door open and he shows no interest in exploring.
Awwww don't give up. Just keep trying. Beman has been like this the 5 months I have had him. He was supposedly 4 months old when I got him. After two weeks he preferred to be out with me. But I also work from home and his cage was right next to my desk so for the first 2 months I was constantly interacting with him. He only does this with me. If my daughter or mother walk in the room he could care less.

Back
Top Bottom