I need some help! White nostrils??

CrazyChameleon5

Cage Info:
Cage Type - What kind of cage are you using?All screen from llc
What is the size? 24x24x48
Lighting - What kind of lighting are you using? How long do you keep the lights on during the day? reptisun 5.0 and a 75 watt heat lamp
Temperature - What temperature range have you created?
Basking spot temp? 85-87 degrees
What is the temperature at night? around 70
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels?mist 1-2 x's a day for a few min
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Pothos and umbrella plant
Location - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? In the corner there is a heater vent near by but doesn't blow on cage
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. Female,veild about 6 monthsFeeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What kind of schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? 8-10 med crickets daily, gut load with cubes and water gel, sometimes greens
Supplements - What are you dusting your feeders with and what kind of schedule do you use? calicium w d3 once a week, calcium without d3 3 x's a week ( haven't been suplimenting for a week because of question below.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? Do you see your chameleon drinking? drip cup on top, haven't seen her drink in new cage
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. they look normal nice wet and white
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Current Problem -
The current problem that you are concerned about.
Ok the problem is this since i have moved her over to the new cage she really likes to eat the umbrella plant, Now i have been noticing that she has heavy white crust in both nostrils. I stopped supplimenting for the last week thinking i was over doing it but it has not gone away. Could this be from the plant? I am a little concerned so any info would be great. Should i be concerned?

Has the "white stuff" around the nose gone away and came back?
Is it the same stuff for a week?
Did you try a shower or heavy mist session to knock it off?
If it hasnt gone away, then it could be skin from a previous shed.

Has the "white stuff" around the nose gone away and came back?
Is it the same stuff for a week?
Did you try a shower or heavy mist session to knock it off?
If it hasnt gone away, then it could be skin from a previous shed.

no it hasn't gone away it does seem to be breaking up a little, She hasn't shed for awhile so it's not left over skin. As for the shower she gets really stressed when you try to take her out so i haven't done that but i will try another warm mist. should i spray her directly?

Yes, you said you supplement 4 times a week, thats a lot. Twice a month is all you really need.

Ya, they only need that much when they are smaller, actually, I think three times a month should be fine.

I did the same thing with George when I first got him. He had the white stuff around his nostrils for about 2 weeks before it went away.....just keep your cham hydrated :)

Back
Top Bottom