i need help setting up my mistking timer, rct-24

jtshipley

so i got a mistking.... im really struggling on how to set up the timer, ive read the instructions on the website and it just dosent help can anoyone recommend a good video or help me?

It’s fairly simple read over the instruction pamphlet that came with your system there is a paper folded up that’s one that will help you the most not the booklet. It will take you through the set up step by step I hope this helps.

None of these are for the RCT 24 which is muck more confusing
Yeah so it is a repeat cycle timer.... Essentially you will be picking say every so many hours for this duration. If you contact mistking they should be able to message you the booklet. https://www.mistking.com/MistKing-Repeat-Cycle-Timer-RCT-24.html I did not get this one because I did not like it. I got the seconds timer so I can pick exactly when I want it to go off and for how long each time.

Get a seconds timer -- it's easier however
. You have 10 sessions you can set for the mister to go off in any 24 hours period. Pushing set will cycle you through those 10 "sessions". It will show at the top of the two number dialogues and it will blink-- once you are on a session, you press the "clock" icon button which will cause the left set of numbers to flash -- and you set what time you want it to go off in that section -- should read 12:00 as the default. Once you set a time you press the "clock" icon button again the right set of numbers will be flashing default should say 00:00 -- this is where you set how long you want the misting session to be. press set again to continue onto the next "session" and repeat.

On your timer -- you are setting how OFTEN you want it to go off -- not at what time. Example:

Every 20 minutes mist for 2 minutes

vs.

mist for 2 minutes at 7:20 AM.

Lol, I just spent like 4 hours figuring out this time last night. I agree it's super confusing.... but once you set it up.... wow its awesome.

Basically you set the current time.
the duration of misting in the DAY (say 2 minutes)
Duration of misting for the NIGHT (say 3 minutes)
Duration the MACHINE IS OFF (how often you want to mist - i.e. 4hours would mean the machine sprays every 4 hours) for the DAYTIME
Same as above for NIGHT TIME (say 2 hours)
Then set what time you want the "DAYTIME" to start (basically when the sun comes up)[say 6am]
Then set what time NIGHT begins.[say 8pm]

After ALL that nonsense you'd end up with:
Starting at 6am you will mist every 4 hours for 2 minutes, then at 8pm you will mist every 2 hours for 3 minutes.

It's a pain... but I love it. You can also manually push/hold the up arrows to mist at will. Let me know if you need more help!
20191003_204552.jpg 20191003_204602.jpg

Yeah I didn’t want this one either but they were out of the seconds time and they didn’t say when it would be back in stock.
So on the box it gives an example of day on 4 secs off 2 min and I figured it out that way. Put the amount of time you want the pump (MistKing) to run for and then put in how long you want it to be off for.
So I got mine set for 10sec off for 60 minutes and hopefully it does this all day and night hence the repeat cycle timer, we’ll see. Thanks for hitting me up!

Yeah I didn’t want this one either but they were out of the seconds time and they didn’t say when it would be back in stock.
So on the box it gives an example of day on 4 secs off 2 min and I figured it out that way. Put the amount of time you want the pump (MistKing) to run for and then put in how long you want it to be off for.
So I got mine set for 10sec off for 60 minutes and hopefully it does this all day and night hence the repeat cycle timer, we’ll see. Thanks for hitting me up!
Any time!

Be careful though, that sounds like you're gonna mist for 10secs every hour. You want to stick to around 1-3mins based on how long your cham takes to figure out to drink. They do also put out quite a bit of water so you want to be sure it (and chams) have time to dry out.

I assume you know all this though. Otherwise, just give me a shout ; )

Well I’m at 30 seconds now every 45 minutes with 2 nozzles in two different areas of the enclosure and one running to my veiled’s cage. It’s gonna take a few days to dial this in for sure. I have drippers in both cages as back up too. This is tricky with two different species with two different locales living in the mountains of Colorado. Any advice would be appreciated?

Well I’m at 30 seconds now every 45 minutes with 2 nozzles in two different areas of the enclosure and one running to my veiled’s cage. It’s gonna take a few days to dial this in for sure. I have drippers in both cages as back up too. This is tricky with two different species with two different locales living in the mountains of Colorado. Any advice would be appreciated?
Here's what I ended up doing....

As you can see by the photos above I had to literally get out some paper and figure everything out before even trying to input it on the timer. Before that even... just sketch out your room, cage and ideal set up for running the nozzles.

I ended up running a circle around my room to power 6 cages. I was surprised at how complex it was for such a simple push connecting system. I have a pretty decent grasp of both irrigation and plumbing [I'm a General Contractor] and I had a hard time with it. I ended up switching from their tubing to a different brand. I found a few places where the pressure caused the line to pull out at the fitting and caused a leak [2 diff spots in 4 days].

Anyway... if you have anything specific you need hit me up. I'm at work, but a slow day!

I’m ok with the plumbing so far, I’ve had the last couple days off so I’ve been checking in on it constantly. I was wondering about keeping two different female chameleons together any tricks or advice. So far wrapping my panthers enclosure 3/4 has helped but I might need to tighten it up is all I can think about keeping that humidity in.

Attachments

• FC9186A7-79BD-4FCB-9F39-E8289A60A27E.jpeg
    FC9186A7-79BD-4FCB-9F39-E8289A60A27E.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 178
I’m ok with the plumbing so far, I’ve had the last couple days off so I’ve been checking in on it constantly. I was wondering about keeping two different female chameleons together any tricks or advice. So far wrapping my panthers enclosure 3/4 has helped but I might need to tighten it up is all I can think about keeping that humidity in.
Yea. Line of sight gets tricky. Some people use fabric, painted panels, room dividers, shower curtains etc.

I'm constantly rearranging and looking from different angles to make sure they don't have any line of sight. I also use a simple paper towel and hang it to block the view temporarily.

I personally prefer to keep anything that's blocking the view about 3-6" off the cage to prevent obstructing the airflow.

I'll also add that I dont **THINK** they have to see each other. My male can't see any other animals... but he will show off his "hey ladies" look and go searching for a female... and he always go to the LEFT. All the females are to the left of him. I read an article posted by kinyonga I believe that said in the wild the females leave a pheromone trail that males can smell and follow? Now, of course, this could just me my overactive imagination and he just goes left cause its nicer over there or whatever. Having watched and studied it... I definitely believe that he KNOWS there are females nearby... and more specifically he knows where to find them.

Lol, I just spent like 4 hours figuring out this time last night. I agree it's super confusing.... but once you set it up.... wow its awesome.

Basically you set the current time.
the duration of misting in the DAY (say 2 minutes)
Duration of misting for the NIGHT (say 3 minutes)
Duration the MACHINE IS OFF (how often you want to mist - i.e. 4hours would mean the machine sprays every 4 hours) for the DAYTIME
Same as above for NIGHT TIME (say 2 hours)
Then set what time you want the "DAYTIME" to start (basically when the sun comes up)[say 6am]
Then set what time NIGHT begins.[say 8pm]

After ALL that nonsense you'd end up with:
Starting at 6am you will mist every 4 hours for 2 minutes, then at 8pm you will mist every 2 hours for 3 minutes.

It's a pain... but I love it. You can also manually push/hold the up arrows to mist at will. Let me know if you need more help!
View attachment 247688View attachment 247689
wow, that is just crazy. I'm so happy I have a seconds timer. Could they make it any harder to figure out? Now I understand why the OP was going nuts trying to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom