Mistking hygrostat help!

Kateline09

Hello everyone. we are brand new soon to be chamelon owners. I bought the hygrostat from mistking thinking it was the hygrometer and also a seconds timer like it's advertised on the package. does anyone know how to set it?! I am getting frusterated with it and I have reached out to mistking with no response. please help!!!!

As far as I'm aware the hygrostat hasnt got a seconds timer as such rather a "timer" that monitors rh and when it drops below your preference it will activate the misting system.

Example:
Day: Maintain 75% humidity
Night: Maintain 60% humidity
Low Humidity Alarm: 40% (Will beep if RH will drop to 40%)
Variance 5% (ie. will raise humidity to 75% but will allow for a drop to 70% before turning on the system again)

Great addition to a small greenhouse or anything where precise humidity control is required.
(taken from the website)

Thank you, i did see that that was what the online description says but even on the box it shows "by second control" it's just very misleading. I guess I will be trying to returning it and get the other timer. Thank you again.

Attachments

• 14777795619671323545471.jpg
    14777795619671323545471.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 195
I can see how it is misleading, I reckon by second control it means it is monitoring every second rather than taking readings ever 10,20,30 seconds. Iv been looking into this one myself but I did see on another forum that they are mainly used for tree frogs or reptiles that need more humidity more frequently

I didn't even think of it like that and neither did my husband. We both thought it was the hygrometer, thermometer and seconds timer so we decided o spend the extra money. We just want the best set up for our chameleon and thought this would be good. so would the repeat cycle timer be the one to get for our set up? We haven't bought our chameleon yet because we want to make sure we work out all our little kinks before we get one!

I could be wrong so maybe worth a shout to run it past mistking, If you do figure it out Id love to know how as I would probably end up getting this model,I have seen other posts about this saying you could adapt its usage i.e setting it to come on when your rh drops below 40, then you would still get your humidity spikes throughout the day.

The seconds timer is the way to go as you can set 10 different programmes to mist for different durations at different times
e.g
P0: Mist 25 sec at 8:00 am every day of the week
P1: Mist 2 min at 4:00 pm every day of the week
P2: Mist 4 min at 7:00 pm every Wednesday only

where as the repeat cycle is more like day cycle night cycle with no extra programmable timings e.g

Mist 5 sec every 2 minutes during the day & mist 10 sec every 20 min at night.

Last edited:
I have reached out o mistking emailing them and also calling but I haven't recieved a response so I thought I would ask here and possibly get an answer. we did have it hooked up and yes when it dropped below a certain percentage it would turn on until it got to the desired level and shut off. we also have live plants in our terrarium so that was another reason we thought this would be best so we could monitor the levels for thr plants as well. I did end up ordering the repeat cycle timer so I pray I got it right this time. however I will be out of town when it arrives ans won't get to play with it until we get back.

I could be wrong so maybe worth a shout to run it past mistking, If you do figure it out Id love to know how as I would probably end up getting this model,I have seen other posts about this saying you could adapt its usage i.e setting it to come on when your rh drops below 40, then you would still get your humidity spikes throughout the day.

The seconds timer is the way to go as you can set 10 different programmes to mist for different durations at different times
e.g
P0: Mist 25 sec at 8:00 am every day of the week
P1: Mist 2 min at 4:00 pm every day of the week
P2: Mist 4 min at 7:00 pm every Wednesday only

where as the repeat cycle is more like day cycle night cycle with no extra programmable timings e.g

Mist 5 sec every 2 minutes during the day & mist 10 sec every 20 min at night.

Dang, so the repeat cycle timer is not thr one I want?

I think it will work fine to be honest lots of people use it, I would personally prefer the seconds timer due to building a bio active live planted terrarium, I just like that I can set a misting schedule for certain times of the day to suit the plants as well as the cham.

Oh thank goodness!!! well the plants I have do not require being watered a lot so I feel the misting schedule will be enough for the plants. I have a ficus ans pathos, both very hardy plants!

awesome as far as im aware you need not set it to be active at night as there is no need without lights on rh will stay pretty stable.

Dang, so the repeat cycle timer is not thr one I want?
If you don't use the hygrostat function, then the ST-24 will do more than the RCT-24, because the RCT-24 limits when day and night start the repeat cycles, and the stop duration [time between misting]. The ST-24 will give you 10 option to start and stop whenever you want, anytime, and the length can be different too. BUT, you can simply buy a programmable wall outlet timer for much less, which does the same as the ST-24. You just remove your Mistking timer and plug the pump cord directly into the power supply transformer, and it will run continuously, allowing it to be controlled from a generic outlet timer.

Back
Top Bottom