i need advice on my female veiled chameleon ASAP!

so she still hasent layed any eggs but shes been eating and drinking all day which makes me feel alittle better :D thanks for the advice everyone!

If she's stopped digging and gone back to eating and not laid the eggs, then I would be worried. IMHO you should have fixed up an appropriate site for her to dig in to begin with and should not have kept making changes and given her some peace to lay the eggs. It might be that now she is past being able to lay the eggs. I hope I'm wrong.

So some people want pictures so heres the best on of her and her cage

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 82
and shes like taking breaks. she'll go to and from the hole and dig alittle more. she comes out eats, gets a drink and gose back to digging. im hoping shes taking a break from her digging since she was dig for about a total of like 10 hours yesterday

no her cave is in a part of her cage where she can see me coming and i only get quick glimses most of the time i out of the room so im not temped to mess with her

You need to leave her alone. I would cover the sides of the cage with something so she can't see you and only feed and mist her when she is up in the branches so she won't see you at all when she's digging. Also...is the soil/substrate 12" deep??

thats the only time i do feed her and where her cave is i added dite mixed with sand so its about 4-5"

do the pics look bad at all? i mean im just now starting to see what looks like a small # of eggs through her skin and ive heard that you should be able to see them. let alone im not to concerned because ive been told that it can take almost 2weeks for them to find a hole they like and lay eggs so im not to concerned anymore

Its quite likely that she keeps trying to dig holes in different places because the substrate is not deep enough or not holding a tunnel...I think she's dissatisfied with it for some reason. Its my opinion that they have a certain amount of time when they can lay the eggs before the hormone levels drop and they can't lay them....so its important that she get the job done while she is able to IMHO.

so far it is holding but i dont think it is deep enough but i dont want to mess with her cave after her 10 hours of work

If you change it when she is up in the branches in the way I described to you in the email I sent you privately, it should be okay.

if you look at the picture her cave is in the front bottom left and she is in her favorite spot in the upper right but shes digging again for now so we'll see what happens

YAY! She laid a clutch of 24 eggs :DD but they were EVERY WHERE! there was on in every place in the cage and they weren't really buried at all

Is she eating and drinking alright? Make sure she is. If she isn't, something may have gone wrong.

yea she is shes eaten 5 crikets and she had a few with in the couple days she was digging. my only concern now is that in her right eye it looks as though some things in it. there is a small bump towards the front of her eye and its alittle wrinkly. but her other eye is fine

Back
Top Bottom