I LOVE LIZARDS!!!!! Here's Why...

SO DANG CUTE!!!!!

images (6).jpeg

I had water dragons and I'm sure some of them would do that without much trouble...but I think it's out of stress that it doesn't move more than anything. My big male had a gular pouch infection and for the first needle I had to give him he struggle A LOT. For the rest he just lay there like that in my hand and let me give them to him. I always wondered if it was cause he knew it was inevitaible ...or if he knew the shots were helping him...or what.

As cute as it looks to see the animals in those poses.....to me its not something I think should be done with them...but then I think of dogs...we make them sit and stay, etc. Is that any different?

As cute as it looks to see the animals in those poses.....to me its not something I think should be done with them...but then I think of dogs...we make them sit and stay, etc. Is that any different?
IMO, yes—it's different. We communicate with dogs on a much higher level than we can with reptiles. Dogs are definitely social animals, whereas reptiles (few exceptions noted) definitely are not. It's in a dog's nature to interact with us for mutual benefit (though dogs themselves are more self-interested).

If dogs felt there weren't something in it for them, it would be much more difficult—if not impossible—to get them to do anything.

https://www.koinoniadogs.com/blog/do-dogs-want-to-please

My iguana was toilet trained (use a cat litter box) and although she didn't know the commands to sit or stay (I never tried to teach her either)....she did know the words "up" meant to climb and "car" meant a vehicle was approaching and that she couldn't leave the kitchen until she used the litter box...and "down"...and a few other words.
She didn't come to sit on me like a dog would but she would stay on my shoulder when we went for a walk around the block.
She would come across the floor or any other surface she was on to get a treat too.
She didn't seem to mind the leash and even walked on the sidewalk instead of trying to get to the grass when we walked. (I didn't really teach her that.)

Basic obedience is also socialization, and much of it is for the dog's safety & protection.
"Stay", "Sit", and/or "Down" can keep a dog from running into traffic to get to their person—even/sometimes with hand signals.
"Leave it" can prevent a dog from getting into something that may be a known danger—poison or physical harm.

Basic obedience is also socialization, and much of it is for the dog's safety & protection.
"Stay", "Sit", and/or "Down" can keep a dog from running into traffic to get to their person—even/sometimes with hand signals.
"Leave it" can prevent a dog from getting into something that may be a known danger—poison or physical harm.
Also medical dogs can be trained for the blind and etc also the police and military use them to search for bombs and drugs and Counterfeit money 💴

It's amazing how much dogs can help and change people's lives like seizure alert dogs. But for me it's really nice after a couple of hours of madness with my 2 young dogs lol to go check in with a quiet sensible cham 😀 ying/yang everything balanced out

Back
Top Bottom