I Lost My Sweet Little Man Jr Today

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Junior (JR) passed away today. He had been having serious health issues for about a year now. In October 2012 he was diagnosed with arthritis and was put on Medacam and Adequan injection. The Adequan and Medacam helped but the arthritis continued to get worse. In February 2013 he had hemipenis prolapse and had several surgeries to correct that. https://www.chameleonforums.com/jr-had-emergency-surgery-104752/ In March of 2013 he lost the use of his back legs and his tail became stiff due to the arthritis.

Jr had been having good days and bad days and he had a visit with Dr. Mader yesterday because he'd had several bad days in a row. He turned a real light color earlier today and passed away around 3:00 this afternoon. He didn't look that bad this morning. I held him close to my chest, keeping him warm, rocking him and stroking his sides as I often did at bed time. He has always been such a sweet boy and I have helped my daughter keep him since he hatched. If he'd made it until Dec. 12th he would have been 5 years old. My daughter left the entire clutch with me when they were only a week old to go to the Bahamas for winter break and then the Keys for New Years. Then after he lost his right eye at 4 months old he really got special attention when I would pet sit him. I have had him full time since Nov. 2010. He will be very sadly missed.

My handsome little man a couple years ago June 23, 2011

JannandthepanthersandPadre62311140_zps7480350b.jpg

Baby Jr December 20, 2008

DSC_0463_zps87cadd45.jpg

Juvi Jr March 2009

JrVegaampLuie003_zpsf4c82eaa.jpg

Jr 4 months old

JrVegaampLuie019_zpsa5e182bc.jpg

JrVegaampLuie017_zps6ca9a9e7.jpg

Jr just shy of two years old 11/25/10

lizcams112510087_zps3b03ec8b.jpg

lizcams112510084_zps42c2f725.jpg

Jr and his best bud Hendershot 11/26/11

JrHendershotJannPadreElly112611303_zpsa01aab0d.jpg

Jr 3 years old

JrHendershotJannPadreElly112611230-1.jpg

Jr 3 1/2 years old

camsbackyard051312433.jpg

Jr four years old

Jr4yrsoldDulce3yrsold12912019.jpg

Jr just shy of 4 1/2 years old

JrandeBay51813022_zps23f2682d.jpg

Jr in his sleep box after he lost the use of his back legs July 2013

Jr2inbox5813_zps3218dc98.jpg

My handsome man in all his glory 6/23/11

JannandthepanthersandPadre62311143_zpsd9733724.jpg

Me with my sweet little man 6/23/11

JannandthepanthersandPadre62311127_zps627cd61e.jpg

Last edited:
Jann,

So sorry to hear this. I know he's been having his issues, especially recently, but it still hurts to see them go. I know how special he was to you. Thanks for sharing all your experiences with us and for allowing us to get to know Jr. He was a lucky cham to have such a great Mommy! :) Thinking of you and your family and here's to all the good memories!

You will be missed Jr. Rest In Paradise, little one.

Oh Jann I am so sorry that you lost Jr :( you looked after him so well like you do with all your pets. It just doesn't get any easier. Thinking of you for all that you've been through lately x

very sorry to hear this.
he did have a fantastic partner to help him along his journey
and from the looks of him he appreciated it.

So sorry to hear this. He was such a sweet looking guy- I loved the pictures of him chilling on the patio in his little vines. RIP Jr.

Jann, I'm so sorry to hear about Jr. He was a precious boy, and I was lucky to be able to meet him. You took such wonderful care of him, and he had a fantastic life with you.

Oh Jann,,, I just saw your email and read this, we've been in the air and on the road most of the day.
I am sooo sorry to hear of Jrs passing! I know how much you lived and cared for him as you do all of your special little scaly guys....
Even though we al know it's inevitable it still hurts to see them go... he had a great life, he wouldn't of done near as well with anyone but you!!
Thinking of you my friend,,, see you in a few days if your still up for it....
Lisa

I just saw your pic on FB and did not realize he had passed away until I read Amanda's post. Anyways, I know it has been a long and rocky road with this fella and he was one lucky chameleon to have had the special care and love that you gave him. He was a beautiful boy. I am so very sorry for your loss. He had a wonderful life with you and I know you have no regrets. RIP Jr, I know you will be missed by all.

So very sorry that your beautiful boy has passed on Jann. They can only be with us so long unfortunately. He was lucky to be with you. You took such good care of him and loved him so much. Hugs, Lynda.

Sorry to hear about JR. You do a fantastic job right up to the end. Thinking about you all.

Thank you again everyone. I was so attached to this little man. I spent allot of time with him giving him very special care and I miss him so much. It's very sad to see his empty little trees. :(

Jr. Had a great life. It was time for him to go to where his pain would be gone. I give you my sincere condolences and wish Jr. The best on his journeys.

Back
Top Bottom