I have mbd

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
I went to the doctor for my annual health check and I was told I’m dangerously low on vitamin D and I need to eat more green but other then that I’m good. I was so embarrassed when they told me my d3 was low, no wonder all the reptile supplements smells so tasty I’m deficient as f$@!

Geesh @JoXie411 ...hope it's fixed soon.

Same thing happened to me this year...my count was at 35 and should have been around 250. I did not feel well at all...thought I was going to die I felt so bad. I ended up having to get a terrible treatment for my bones to get them healthy again (worse thing I ever went through) and still have to take 50,000 units of D2 once a week. All I could do was laugh at it when I thought about it because it made me think of my chameleons...guess I took better care of them than I did myself! (Funny thing is...I don't just sit inside all the time but maybe too much in the winter...and in Canada we get less sun in the winter anyhow.)

Just get those UVB lights out and make sure you dust your food properly eh! Eat lots of things that contain calcium and D3 too! Do we have to make a slit for you? :)

I went to the doctor for my annual health check and I was told I’m dangerously low on vitamin D and I need to eat more green but other then that I’m good. I was so embarrassed when they told me my d3 was low, no wonder all the reptile supplements smells so tasty I’m deficient as f$@!
Take your chams outside for some natural sun for the both of you. :)

You need to dust your hot wings.
But I love bacon
Geesh @JoXie411 ...hope it's fixed soon.

Same thing happened to me this year...my count was at 35 and should have been around 250. I did not feel well at all...thought I was going to die I felt so bad. I ended up having to get a terrible treatment for my bones to get them healthy again (worse thing I ever went through) and still have to take 50,000 units of D2 once a week. All I could do was laugh at it when I thought about it because it made me think of my chameleons...guess I took better care of them than I did myself! (Funny thing is...I don't just sit inside all the time but maybe too much in the winter...and in Canada we get less sun in the winter anyhow.)

Just get those UVB lights out and make sure you dust your food properly eh! Eat lots of things that contain calcium and D3 too! Do we have to make a slit for you? :)
yeah my count is 18 I shamefully say my doctor is not happy with me at all that I’ve stopped taking care of myself. She had me on a crazy supplement schedule now to get my levels back up

There was a low count in one of the panels that has to do with greens idk I just do what my doctors tells me to do but everything she said explained why I feel so blah.

It’s like you said we take such good care of are chameleons and we completely forget about ourselves.

Hmm, I hope you feel better. Along with dusting the bacon and going outside for some sun. If you fill out the form we can go over your husbandry setup.

You're probably sitting under one of those compact UBV bulbs. :ROFLMAO:
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 28? Year old Hispanic female, I’ve been in my husband care for 4 years
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? not often I don’t like being touched and will bite even if not provoked
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? bacon because that’s all you need in life.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? What are vitamins?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Currently 5 cold brews a day
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? N/A
  • History - hair color changes with mood. Lived in a rat house of hell

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? free range but should really be caged to a 2,000 sqft minimum
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Zoomed compact uvb 10.0 because Andrew said that’s all I needed
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 75 is perfect anything above that I’m melting and anything below 70 I freeze
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 40 because that’s what Larry likes
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? A lot
  • image.jpg
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?where ever I please
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Wherever the wind guides me, can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

Current Problem - Idk @Tony_S told me to fill this out. It’s not my zoomed compact bulb it’s perfects :hilarious:
44F94AC7-15B6-436F-80AF-3758C863E1EA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom