I have a chameleon egg from chameleon101 and is the date it has on the lid the date it’s most likely gonna hatch?

They have guide on page how to take care of egg. The two I had that didn't hatch looked like hard boiled eggs when I cut open. Only time u put water on rocks if they dry. Rest of time u put on sponges
I added water on the sponge because it was 99 grams

If you move it, candle it...... etc... you will dislodge the embryo and it will die.....A CHAMELEON IS A NATURAL ANIMAL......egg hatching varies.....if left alone should hatch from 6 monyhs to 12......if kept ideal temps should be closer to 6

That's just an estimated date. The egg could hatch earlier or even a couple of months later. Just make sure that you have your cage set up and ready to go. And make sure that you are actively culturing fruit flies.

The baby cham will be fine in the container until you get back from school given that the egg has proper humidity and no way for the little guy/gal to escape. Hatching can take a lengthy amount of time, even if the head pops out. Whether you want to skip school that day is up to you.

Taking care of a hatchling is considerably harder than taking care of a 3-month-old cham. Now is the time to get everything dialed in. With that said, I doubt the egg will hatch exactly on the estimated day. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't hatch then. The egg is still good.

Here's a podcast link about egg hatching: https://chameleonacademy.com/hatching-a-panther-chameleon-egg/

Also, if you want to send us pictures of your enclosure while also noting the supplements you are planning to use and the hydration (misting/fogging) setup, we can give you feedback and advice.
Actually we take care of every customer on an individual basis and had he reached out to me instead of chameleon forums I would have given him all of the information I'm asking him know how to reach out to me because he purchased the egg from me babies are just as easy to take care of as adults as long as you follow simple instructions.

Actually we take care of every customer on an individual basis and had he reached out to me instead of chameleon forums I would have given him all of the information I'm asking him know how to reach out to me because he purchased the egg from me babies are just as easy to take care of as adults as long as you follow simple instructions.
No worries at all. I was just speaking broadly--not about you in particular. Taking care of babies is considerably more difficult for the average person to take care of since babies are less tolerant of mistakes. I am glad to hear that you take care of every customer on an individual basis though. That does simplify things for the customer. And if there is a problem, you will be able to identify it.

No worries at all. I was just speaking broadly--not about you in particular. Taking care of babies is considerably more difficult for the average person to take care of since babies are less tolerant of mistakes. I am glad to hear that you take care of every customer on an individual basis though. That does simplify things for the customer. And if there is a problem, you will be able to identify it.
I agree... Seems as though the OP is young and hopefully the seller of this egg can help them. We have seen it way too many times here where people buy eggs and the babies die because they do not have the skill set to identify issues or do not understand the husbandry needed. I personally hate to see it said that hatchlings are just as easy as adults because if someone is new to this hobby this simply is not true. Heck we see how many adult chams die because of a new keeper that just does not understand how to take care of them.

Back
Top Bottom