I have a chameleon egg from chameleon101 and is the date it has on the lid the date it’s most likely gonna hatch?

That's just an estimated date. The egg could hatch earlier or even a couple of months later. Just make sure that you have your cage set up and ready to go. And make sure that you are actively culturing fruit flies.

The baby cham will be fine in the container until you get back from school given that the egg has proper humidity and no way for the little guy/gal to escape. Hatching can take a lengthy amount of time, even if the head pops out. Whether you want to skip school that day is up to you.

Taking care of a hatchling is considerably harder than taking care of a 3-month-old cham. Now is the time to get everything dialed in. With that said, I doubt the egg will hatch exactly on the estimated day. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't hatch then. The egg is still good.

Here's a podcast link about egg hatching: https://chameleonacademy.com/hatching-a-panther-chameleon-egg/

Also, if you want to send us pictures of your enclosure while also noting the supplements you are planning to use and the hydration (misting/fogging) setup, we can give you feedback and advice.

That's just an estimated date. The egg could hatch earlier or even a couple of months later. Just make sure that you have your cage set up and ready to go. And make sure that you are actively culturing fruit flies.

The baby cham will be fine in the container until you get back from school given that the egg has proper humidity and no way for the little guy/gal to escape. Hatching can take a lengthy amount of time, even if the head pops out. Whether you want to skip school that day is up to you.

Taking care of a hatchling is considerably harder than taking care of a 3-month-old cham. Now is the time to get everything dialed in. With that said, I doubt the egg will hatch exactly on the estimated day. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't hatch then. The egg is still good.

Here's a podcast link about egg hatching: https://chameleonacademy.com/hatching-a-panther-chameleon-egg/

Also, if you want to send us pictures of your enclosure while also noting the supplements you are planning to use and the hydration (misting/fogging) setup, we can give you feedback and advice.
Is it fine if I check on it every few hours like once in the morning and afternoon and night? To make sure nothing is going wrong? I’m built the cage just and have only 2 things I’m waiting for my mom to take me to a store to get plants. And I have fruit flies

Is it fine if I check on it every few hours like once in the morning and afternoon and night? To make sure nothing is going wrong? I’m built the cage just and have only 2 things I’m waiting for my mom to take me to a store to get plants. And I have fruit flies
You don’t want to keep opening the container as it will mess with the humidity level and could effect hatching. I feel your excitement, but sometimes we just have to be patient.

I've gotten from there. Out of 3 eggs I got 1 hatched. Only paid for 2 and got when on sale for 60 bucks each. Took about 2 months longer then said date. I wouldn't get eggs from them again but that's just me

I've gotten from there. Out of 3 eggs I got 1 hatched. Only paid for 2 and got when on sale for 60 bucks each. Took about 2 months longer then said date. I wouldn't get eggs from them again but that's just me
Where would you get a egg from? And I probably wouldn’t give up on a egg into it molds

Where would you get a egg from? And I probably wouldn’t give up on a egg into it molds
Generally, buying and selling eggs is not recommended. You’d be better off with a 3 month old, especially as a new keeper.

As long as the egg is not moldy or showing other signs of being dead, there is no reason to give up on it. If you think it might be infertile, you can look up how to candle it.

Generally, buying and selling eggs is not recommended. You’d be better off with a 3 month old, especially as a new keeper.

As long as the egg is not moldy or showing other signs of being dead, there is no reason to give up on it. If you think it might be infertile, you can look up how to candle it.
It says candling is not recommended and the shell is to thick to see. But I would’ve gotten a already hatched one but my dad said no because they’re too expensive

It says candling is not recommended and the shell is to thick to see. But I would’ve gotten a already hatched one but my dad said no because they’re too expensive
There is nothing wrong with candling the egg, unless you are doing so excessively. As well, in the long run, an egg may be more expensive to raise, and the baby chameleon is far more sensitive to improper husbandry.

There is nothing wrong with candling the egg, unless you are doing so excessively. As well, in the long run, an egg may be more expensive to raise, and the baby chameleon is far more sensitive to improper husbandry.
98% sure I have it right just waiting to go to the store and get plants

If you could copy and paste this form, and fill out the info, we can make sure everything’s set up perfectly for your future chameleon.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

If you could copy and paste this form, and fill out the info, we can make sure everything’s set up perfectly for your future chameleon.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? It has not been hatched yet
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Would probably for 10 minutes and then put it on a plant or a tree out side
      • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Fruit flies and into it doesn’t want to eat as long as it is a baby
          • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
          • Zoo Med Reptivite without D3 8oz I plan using this everyday except sat/sun day​

Rep-Cal 52298 Phosphorous-Free Calcium Powder Reptile/Amphibian Supplement Without Vitamin D3, 4.1 oz using this on sat or sun​

Rep-Cal SRP00200 Phosphorous-Free Calcium Ultrafine Powder Reptile/Amphibian Supplement with Vitamin D3 sun or sat both of the ones I use on Sat or sun on different weekends of course​

• Sorry for this

• Zoo Med Reptivite without D3 8oz

• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I would mist with a spray bottle for a couple mins. I can’t see it drinking because it’s a egg.

• Cage Info:
    • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Mesh cage
    • 18 x 18 x 36 dimension​

• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? So 8:00 am to 9:30 pm
    • REPTI ZOO T5 HO UVB Lighting Combo Kit, Terrarium Hood Comes with Desert 10.0 UVB T5 Lamp (24W) is the uvb​

Zoomed Repti Basking Spot Bulb [Value 2 Pack 100 WATT] - Is the heat bulbs​

Fluker's Repta-Clamp Lamp with Switch for Reptiles is the Case for the heat​

• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I don’t know how to create temperature but it does get 110 in the summer where I live now. I would probably keep track of them with my
    • Exo Terra Thermometer for Reptile Terrarium, Celsius and Fahrenheit Thermometer, PT2465 it’s stuck on the cage​

• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? I’m going to buy a humidity Hygrometer to measure it. I don’t know how to create it.

• Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Gonna try to make my mom take me to the store to buy Golden pothos

• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? On my room floor but I will try and change it on a desk/table. It is not near a fan because it is on the roof, no one comes into my room. There is a air vent on top of it.

• Location - Where are you geographically located? Don’t know that but I live in California.

They have guide on page how to take care of egg. The two I had that didn't hatch looked like hard boiled eggs when I cut open. Only time u put water on rocks if they dry. Rest of time u put on sponges

They have guide on page how to take care of egg. The two I had that didn't hatch looked like hard boiled eggs when I cut open. Only time u put water on rocks if they dry. Rest of time u put on sponges
Oh I put water on the rocks when they looked dry like the picture said. When do you put water on the sponges?

Back
Top Bottom