I got to kill my chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmmmm, lets see…….today i feel like offing myself. which method, which method; there’s so many delightful ideas to choose from!

-i can lock myself into my deep freezer. luckily since i’m warm-blooded, i will fall unconscious first before i die. good thing i’m not cold-blooded since i would be semi-conscious the whole way down, feeling each cell in my body freeze and explode inside all of my organs until enough neurons in my brain are destroyed as well. should only be less than an hour of that agony…..

-no, i think instant crushing is best. i could jack up my car, crawl under and knock the jack away! that way it should be quick as my head is crushed, breaking all my bones and popping my eyes out of their sockets…..i hear that usually takes only one attempt.

-i guess i can pith myself by slamming my neck back on a kitchen knife and severing my spinal cord. good thing i’m not a reptile, ‘cause i may still be blinking, looking around and opening/closing my mouth for up to 24 hours as my heart still beats in my chest. that would be weird!

-i have heard that a vet can give an injection which is an overdose of anesthesia; that makes me fall asleep, become unconscious, and then stops my heart and brain activity. supposed to be very smooth and painless, and many vets are kind enough to not even charge for this service, particularly if i were a lizard. but i also hear some charge a lot!! i’m too cynical to call any of them since i’m sure they’re all rip-off artists. so i will just skip it. the car jack is looking like the best option.

~Do unto others as you would have them do to you~​

-
You hit the nail right on the head

My take on this exactly. We have all these forum heroes forgetting that every time they drive down the road, the fossil fuel wasted and ozone damage just starved something in Africa. Seriously city slickers, I like chams as much as the next joe, but with all reasoning... its a pet. We dont know his setup, we dont know his husbandry, he might have been more skilled than supposed cham experts that are flinging stones. Chill out, I'm oldschool and although vets are a good option, they sometimes charge ridiculously for things that can be done at home. Just saying, dont flame people.

really, and what is the home remedy to treat parasites? Enlighten me on this one please.

hmmmmmm, lets see…….today i feel like offing myself. which method, which method; there’s so many delightful ideas to choose from!

-i can lock myself into my deep freezer. luckily since i’m warm-blooded, i will fall unconscious first before i die. good thing i’m not cold-blooded since i would be semi-conscious the whole way down, feeling each cell in my body freeze and explode inside all of my organs until enough neurons in my brain are destroyed as well. should only be less than an hour of that agony…..

-no, i think instant crushing is best. i could jack up my car, crawl under and knock the jack away! that way it should be quick as my head is crushed, breaking all my bones and popping my eyes out of their sockets…..i hear that usually takes only one attempt.

-i guess i can pith myself by slamming my neck back on a kitchen knife and severing my spinal cord. good thing i’m not a reptile, ‘cause i may still be blinking, looking around and opening/closing my mouth for up to 24 hours as my heart still beats in my chest. that would be weird!

-i have heard that a vet can give an injection which is an overdose of anesthesia; that makes me fall asleep, become unconscious, and then stops my heart and brain activity. supposed to be very smooth and painless, and many vets are kind enough to not even charge for this service, particularly if i were a lizard. but i also hear some charge a lot!! i’m too cynical to call any of them since i’m sure they’re all rip-off artists. so i will just skip it. the car jack is looking like the best option.

-

This is the best post yet!! Thank you Dr. O!!

My post got deleted :p so I guess a. Better way of putting it is I hope you get the same treatment. You are a terrible person for treating an animal like that.

after you kill your cham please do us all a favor..kill yourself too...
TO ALL THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.
please note that I normally would never say this about anyone...but this guy has no sympathy no remorse...he is the type of guy that would drown a litter of puppies instead of dropping them off at a humane society. please ban this terd he doesn't want real help he wants to get a rise from all of us thank you

I think its safe to say that anyone who would/could let an animal deteriorate to that point without intervening is not more skilled then anybody at anything. I also think that referring to a community of people with well over a century of combined and varied experience between them who dedicate tons of their time to helping people out without expecting anything in return as "supposed" experts, is pretty damn rude.

I see this thread caught on fire...

So Jupiter... is this post your expert opinion?

This person will not be banned as he has not broken rules of the forums. This is not to say that anyone agrees with his stance on discarding life, but the forums have to be fair for everyone. Even those we don't agree with. However, posts that break rules in response will be deleted. It is most likely just a case of boredom and hopefully there is not even a chameleon involved. Don't feed the trolls.

wow.... why would you even take the time to make an account on here just to say you knew it had a medical problem then say you did nothing and then refused to do anything then ask for advice on how to kill it?!? why would even bother saying anything at all??? for someone that supposedly spent 600$ on a cage set up you shouldnt have had any problems getting your animal to a vet.... As someone else here mentioned you should have called the vet and told them what ever your situation was and offered to surrender it to them the day you knew it had a problem....

I tip my cap to you, the good doctor!

-

In my opinion assuming a person knows an animal is capable of feeling pain that is real is an education issue. Many people don't think animals, especially reptiles, feel pain. I think they do but, but I don't know.

Does the life of a lizard matter? This is a values issue. I think it does, a great many would disagree with me. There are humane officers shooting cats in Ohio, many there think that's fine. I don't, in fact I support a group opposing it. It is a value to think life is important.

Is this a troll? Doesn't matter. This scenario happens daily, quietly, where none of us see it, may as well address it

So instead of sharing our values, evidence as to why they are good values, we take the PETA route and attack, condescend, and react emotionally. Not really effective.

Not everyone reacted poorly but several did.

Remember, when someone googles how do I kill my chameleon this thread will show up for years, and when someone could have genuinely felt bad and gained a new respect their take away could just be Cham keepers are rude nut jobs...

really, and what is the home remedy to treat parasites? Enlighten me on this one please.

Fenbendazole usually found under the brandname Panacur, Its otc. Needle for topical worms, etc. It depends on the parasite.

I am not into hijacking. Would you like to discuss this on another thread, or were you simply being facetious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom