I got to kill my chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If killing it is the only way you wish to go then I would say use a sharp knife or a hatchet. Try to seperate the head at the base of the skull. No pain if you do it fast enough. Chameleons are the type of pets that wind up going to the vet quite often. The setup could be used for a number of other pets. This is a hard topic for anyone. I do think some may have jumped to conclusions and been a bit harsh. We should try to be halpful and explain ourselves instead of drive him off. I hape you get to read this User227. Chams are not cheap and the vet bills to keep it healthy could be even more expensive.

pleeeaasssseee take him to a vet!!!! its sad to see the little guys go but sadder hurt them on purpose! that's why vets are there! but put him out of his misery ASAP!!!! it will end up hurting him more if you wait too long!hell be happier if he dies painlessly.:eek::(:eek::(

Lets not bother to educate lets just bash someone for not sharing our values and having poor communication skills... Good job folks.

A cinderblock, brick, etc crushing instantly is humane if you can stomach it and don't miss... I personally don't like euthanization and much prefer to allow nature to take them when they are ready. But I have strange spiritual beliefs and think it is better for their souls and mine. Killing is killing mo matter what you call it.

troll-web.jpg

Lets not bother to educate lets just bash someone for not sharing our values and having poor communication skills... Good job folks.

A cinderblock, brick, etc crushing instantly is humane if you can stomach it and don't miss... I personally don't like euthanization and much prefer to allow nature to take them when they are ready. But I have strange spiritual beliefs and think it is better for their souls and mine. Killing is killing mo matter what you call it.

I respectfully disagree.

To me this is much more about the lack of care that got his chameleon to this point, which by any objective measure is animal neglect if not animal abuse. This isn't a question of sharing the same values but rather right and wrong. If you have a pet and let multiple conditions progress without treating them it is wrong and that person should be called out.

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"

Don't get so emotional over posts, its likely he glanced over the forum and thought it would be funny to hit the most sensitive area. If he gets banned, I'd suggest you write down the zip code in case he just statics his ip.

This guy is just trying to f*** with us. What a loser. Unless of course he's so dumb he doesn't know if dropping a cinder block on him would kill him. In that case I wonder how he was able to do the math to buy it in the first place. This is a case of boredom for sure. What a loser.

I'm not with you on this one! If the OP payed $600 for their setup and does not have money to properly care for their cham, that is negligent. If they believe their cham has parasites and do not do anything until it has progressed to this point, that is negligent. If the OP opts to drop a cinder block on the animal they failed to keep properly, that is negligent. Not to mention that there are laws across the country regarding animal cruelty. Take it to a vet and own up to your mistakes. We all make them, but failing to rectify an already horrendous situation is beyond me.

what's there to educate here? We have a person who says they know they have a chameleon with parasites, it has been going downhill progressively for nearly two weeks and is basically dead because he chose not to get it help. Again what is there to educate?. Do we need to tell him to get him to a vet, which he refuses anyways??? Providing health care for your pet is not a "value" in my book. sorry....

I'm new to this site and HATE forums so sorry If I'm doing something wrong right now it's just this is an emergency. My chameleon needs to be taken out. He was perfect the first month with a nice set up but I think he caught a parasite because he got lethargic, then the next week his eyes got swollen on/off and he can't open his eyes anymore, he shrunk a little bit, his skin looks extremely wrinkly, his left eye looks dead and this morning I think it spread to his tounge. It's huge and deformed sticking out of his mouth and I need to kill him, I don't see him climbing or anything anymore he just lays there breathing. And he doesn't have the strength to chomp on a worm anymore, I have to squirt water in his mouth with a mini turkey baster. I'm NOT taking him to a vet. I've heard of the refigerator trick to get him to sleep then putting him in the freezer to finish him off, but I think that's a bit brutal. I've though about putting him in a paper bag and crushing him with a cinder block, or hammer to the head. Or should I just let him go naturally? (He's been semi-dead for two weeks now)

Tough, I wont be a judgmental Internet hero here. Down to the core painless way of putting something down: get a jar and put the dying critter inside. Put the jar with the open top under your car exhaust. Turn your car on and say a prayer for the little dude. Make sure its not too close to feel heat. You want the poison gas to kill it, not the heat. It takes about ten minutes for it to pass. If you're too delicate or lack constitution for the task then just let it pass by itself.

For the love of the reptile gods in the sky I hope you are a nasty troll! The only good suggestion on this thread is vet! Vet! Vet! FFS!!!!

I look at this more like being a farmer so I am fine with you killing it. Getting caught up in the philosophical argument about ethics is a big waste of time. For example the environmental damage from keeping one chameleon is probably worse than killing about 10 chameleons -- electricity from fossil fuels or nuclear, mercury in special light bulbs, the death of all those innocent crickets etc. Most of all the time required could be spent picking up trash or writing your politician for better environmental laws. Just the electricity from being on the computer alone...

Have you ever killed other animals before? First step would be to make sure you know how to sharpen a knife properly. I am not gonna admit to doing this myself. It seems like decapitation is the way to go.

My take on this exactly. We have all these forum heroes forgetting that every time they drive down the road, the fossil fuel wasted and ozone damage just starved something in Africa. Seriously city slickers, I like chams as much as the next joe, but with all reasoning... its a pet. We dont know his setup, we dont know his husbandry, he might have been more skilled than supposed cham experts that are flinging stones. Chill out, I'm oldschool and although vets are a good option, they sometimes charge ridiculously for things that can be done at home. Just saying, dont flame people.

I think we should delete this person's account...he is unethical and cruel, we dont need this kind of person in our forum!!!!This forum is use for supporting people not discussing how to kill an animal!! :mad::mad:

I think people have been plenty educational. It's just that the lesson that needs to be taught here is one that has to be done pretty directly: That letting the cham get to that point in the first place is lazy and irresponsable to the point of being cruel, that refusing to own up to their own negligence demonstrates a serious yellow streak and lack of spine, and that the only thing that could even slightly redeem the op at this point would be if they took the animal to a qualified professional, which they have said they are refusing to do because they care more about money more then whether or non their cham is suffering or not, pretty much in as many words. Bashing and education kind of merge when you're dealing with someone like that.

To the op, even though I doubt you are reading this anymore, you are clearly 11 years old, even though you may have been alive longer then that. I strongly recommend you grow up before taking on the care of another life. I mean god damn, how would you feel if you got your arm stuck in the bannister again and your parents just stood there until it turned necrotic and then started trying to decide whether or they should solve the problem by bashing your head in or freezing you (Which, by the way, what on earth would make you think that is humaine!? I had a friend whose cat got trapped in a fridge for a few hours and I have one word: Seizures.) Also, people are not exaggerating when they talk about animal cruelty laws; you could into serious trouble for this. (which you richly deserve)

If the OP knew the Cham was ill then he could've at least left it on a vet doorstep or something! Geez! $600 is naff all when we're talking set up. If you can't afford the vet then don't get a pet! And don't come to a passionate caring forum for advise on how to cruelly kill a poor sick animal!

My take on this exactly. We have all these forum heroes forgetting that every time they drive down the road, the fossil fuel wasted and ozone damage just starved something in Africa. Seriously city slickers, I like chams as much as the next joe, but with all reasoning... its a pet. We dont know his setup, we dont know his husbandry, he might have been more skilled than supposed cham experts that are flinging stones. Chill out, I'm oldschool and although vets are a good option, they sometimes charge ridiculously for things that can be done at home. Just saying, dont flame people.

I think its safe to say that anyone who would/could let an animal deteriorate to that point without intervening is not more skilled then anybody at anything. I also think that referring to a community of people with well over a century of combined and varied experience between them who dedicate tons of their time to helping people out without expecting anything in return as "supposed" experts, is pretty damn rude.

hmmmmmm, lets see…….today i feel like offing myself. which method, which method; there’s so many delightful ideas to choose from!

-i can lock myself into my deep freezer. luckily since i’m warm-blooded, i will fall unconscious first before i die. good thing i’m not cold-blooded since i would be semi-conscious the whole way down, feeling each cell in my body freeze and explode inside all of my organs until enough neurons in my brain are destroyed as well. should only be less than an hour of that agony…..

-no, i think instant crushing is best. i could jack up my car, crawl under and knock the jack away! that way it should be quick as my head is crushed, breaking all my bones and popping my eyes out of their sockets…..i hear that usually takes only one attempt.

-i guess i can pith myself by slamming my neck back on a kitchen knife and severing my spinal cord. good thing i’m not a reptile, ‘cause i may still be blinking, looking around and opening/closing my mouth for up to 24 hours as my heart still beats in my chest. that would be weird!

-i have heard that a vet can give an injection which is an overdose of anesthesia; that makes me fall asleep, become unconscious, and then stops my heart and brain activity. supposed to be very smooth and painless, and many vets are kind enough to not even charge for this service, particularly if i were a lizard. but i also hear some charge a lot!! i’m too cynical to call any of them since i’m sure they’re all rip-off artists. so i will just skip it. the car jack is looking like the best option.

~Do unto others as you would have them do to you~​

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom