I Don't Cook

even for myself. :)

So making up a fancy gutload recipe is unlikely!:eek:

And since I'm not sure I can get him on crickets, it does not make sense to mailorder yet.

So I would like to pick up something commercial locally. But there seems some conflicting info in past threads I've searched. Some people have said they use Fluker's Orange cubes, but others say Fluker's sucks.

I have also seen something sold here from Zoo med, Zilla, and "monster food", I think.

So anyone have a commercial gutload recommendation? Thanks.

I think Cricket Crack is the best. My crix only get this. They don't eat the orange cubes. EVER

I tried a long time when I first got my beardie to feed the crickets the orange cubes and I noticed that at first they would nibble on them. Then, I noticed that my crickets were dying and the cubes were drying out. That says a lot. The cricket would rather die than eat them. I feed them fish food now and they get water from a tub of cotton balls that are soaked. This seems to make them happy and they grow like crazy!

be careful with fish food as gut load, some members have had problems with swelling in chams limbs or gout and fish food has been a suspected cause. Do some searching just to be sure

i use a powdered bird formula for raising baby parrots it is full of every thing its really good stuff and it has no animal protiens i also mix a bit of flaxseed meal in it and use fruits and veggies for moisture.:cool:

Regardless of what kind of feeders you are giving, ALL feeders will need to be gutloaded. I buy a pre-mixed gutload from my vet that works on all feeders. It's cheap and way better than making it yourself. Check the classified section......one of the members makes the Cricket Crack. You keep it in the frig and it last a LONG time. Jann

I use cricket crack, collard greens, kale, squash, grapes, apple and sometimes a little bit of orange. For the veggies I buy one of each a week and everything is fed the greens baby crickets, superworm beetles, baby superworms, etc. I still barely use it all before it goes bad.

I use cricket crack for my staple. It is great, doesn't go bad and my crickets eat it up!

Talk to Steve, aka: Ssimsswiss. He makes some great stuff called Cricket Crack.

Hey Steve! time to make another pitch please.

For my crickets I just use apple, oatmeal, and carrot for a staple feeder. When i have oranges in the house i will feed them as well.

The apple and carrot provide food and water, and hardly cost anything, compared to some of the other cricket food available.

You dont have to cook to provide good gutload. All these things can be used in different combinations (try not to just use one or two things, mix it up and provide variety)
wet:
  • dandelion leaves
  • collard greens
  • mustard greens
  • kale
  • corn
  • carrot
  • squash
  • yam
  • orange
  • occasionally hard boiled egg
  • sprouted seeds etc

dry:
  • alfalfa
  • bee pollen
  • bran
  • raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
  • spirulina
  • dried, organic, unsweetened coconut
  • dried kelp, dry seaweed, sushi sheets or organic dulse etc

Avoid fish food flakes, dog/cat food.

Whats the benifits of bee pollen just curious it seems to be in every high end gutload and baby bird formula also brewers yeast whats it good for? bunions:eek:

It contains many good nutrients.
Vit A, B, C, D, E, fatty acids, protein, carbs, minerals, etc.
It boost immune system, vitality, etc etc

Only problem is if you are allergic to pollen, then you should avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom