I do believe one of my females is gravid! :D

MelissaB

Avid Member
My bigger female is getting that bloated look, pretty sure eggs are in the near future! :) I'm so excited! Also, I've noticed they really utilize the cork on the walls for climbing. I took a photo of one of them wall walking. They'll hang out and wait for crickets to walk by.

DSCF1491.jpg

DSCF1492.jpg

Last edited:
Look at that little blimp! She might start flowing away if she doesn't watch it lol.

I have the same cork in my viv's and it works great for everyone to climb on, plus it makes it look awesome.

I see you have water droplets on the top of the screen, are yours starting to rust? Exo Terra must us steel screening as all of mine rusted right away. I took all the screening out of ours and replaced it with our HD screen. It makes the top so clear and there is no longer any rust! If you want I'm sure we can figure out a way to replace your's as well.

I cannot wait to have tiny eggs to check on. :D

I do love the cork, it's worked out better than I could have hoped. It gives them so much extra climbing space. The only thing I would do differently, is put more space on the side with the hinge. I have to be extremely careful that no one is hanging out there, so they don't get crushed. I should've left more space. I'll just have to trim it back an inch or two.
My vivarium is a zoo med, and so far it hasn't rusted. I'd definitely be interested in knowing how to change it, if it starts to rust though. I never looked at how it's put together, lol. I probably should have. I love the single door on the zoo med vivs, but they don't have the range of sizes that exo terras have. The exo's sliding cord ports are nicer, too. My other vivs are exo terras, so those tops will probably rust.

I know what you mean with the hinge and the cork. I have the same problem with mine, need to be careful no one is in that space when opening or closing.

That's good that it isn't rusting. The Exo Terra started to right away so we had to swap it. I'm not sure why they would use something that would rust?

I don't think so, but I'm new to pygmies. I'll try to take pics to compare to the one I believe is a male. His tail is longer and he's not as large.

The more I look at them, the more unsure I get. I'm going to try to get them out of their enclosure tomorrow, so I can get some decent pictures. I know the males are supposed to have longer tails and more pronounced ridges on their spines. I thought the males were usually smaller than the females, but I didn't consider the possibility that the females may be younger. :confused: I'm done with night shift, so I should have more time now.

Back
Top Bottom