I can't tell if my female is gravid or not.

Toothless the cham

Established Member
Here's the story. I just got her today. When I got her the people told me that she was receptive about a month ago. When she was laying on her Branch where I got her she looked very fat I guess and dark so I can't tell if she was gravid or not there. Now she's heading up in a branch in the new cage and she is a darkish 15528654019181003612975522708334.jpg 15528654450372201772586654776760.jpg green with yellow stripes long ways and black brown dots in between. I will post a picture. Any help would be appreciated.

I have no experience with females. But from the photos her eyes look sunken in. Make sure she gets some water. But for your question someone will most likely answer in a few

I can't tell from the pictures but yes I agree get her drinking. She looks dehydrated you can tell because her eye turrets are sunken in.

I did spray her five times today but she didn't drink. Granted I just got her today so prob stress. I'll take another pic tomorrow morning. My male and her are asleep now.

Yes, early gravid. She’s not going to eat/drink readily for a few days. I think the sunken eyes are more due to stress and dehydration is more like a contributing factor, not the root cause. The way she is all balled up in the corner means she’s feeling very vulnerable and would benefit from some space and time to adjust.

looks early to me, i dont know why but it looks like she is purposefully holding in her eyes as if she's scared, they look kinda flat... maybe shes scared of you... am i the only one seeing this??

looks early to me, i dont know why but it looks like she is purposefully holding in her eyes as if she's scared, they look kinda flat... maybe shes scared of you... am i the only one seeing this??

Nahh i feel it too... prob just sunken, from being scared n maybe dehydrated. Space will help, do you know anything bout her previous situation?

Nope, not just you. Your pretty much just repeating exactly what I said...

Nahh i feel it too... prob just sunken, from being scared n maybe dehydrated. Space will help, do you know anything bout her previous situation?
I do know a little bit about where she was and what happened. So the place I got her was called birds and beasts all the way in Crystal lake. they said they had her for about three to four months. She was in a small area that was not at all fitting for a chameleon. They didn't have any of the proper husbandry except missing and feeding every day. I was kind of glad we got there when we did. they were hoping that she would sell when she had receptive colors blue dots all over her but she did not sell. afterwards they were only really two people there looking after her while the rest of them sold everything. one of the two actually knew what they were doing the other one just gave her two way too many crickets and misting her like five times a day. Honestly when we bought her they seem very happy to get rid of her. from what I know they do keep fairly good care of their chameleons there but this one seemed to be living in too small of enclosure. It's the same place where I got toothless my other chameleon.

Yes, early gravid. She’s not going to eat/drink readily for a few days. I think the sunken eyes are more due to stress and dehydration is more like a contributing factor, not the root cause. The way she is all balled up in the corner means she’s feeling very vulnerable and would benefit from some space and time to adjust.
Is there a reason she won't drink or is it because she is new.

Not bad, you could use some more foliage and branches. Remember empty space in a viv is wasted space!

How deep is the bucket?
What’s in it?
Is it moist enough to hold a tunnel?

Not bad, you could use some more foliage and branches. Remember empty space in a viv is wasted space!

How deep is the bucket?
What’s in it?
Is it moist enough to hold a tunnel?
The bucket is about a foot deep. Somehow I think she is quite small for her age though. Inside the bucket is just some topsoil from Menards. I think it can hold a tunnel straight down and slightly to the side without collapse and walls but I'm not sure about diagonal

The bucket is about a foot deep. Somehow I think she is quite small for her age though. Inside the bucket is just some topsoil from Menards. I think it can hold a tunnel straight down and slightly to the side without collapse and walls but I'm not sure about diagonal
Well you kind of need to be sure!

Back
Top Bottom