I AM from Egypt and i found a chameleon and i need to know wat breed is he/she and so

Mostafa sadek

hey guys am from egypt and i found a chameleon who was about to get crushed by a car so i saved it but now i don't know which breed is he/or she so i need some help here i'll get you some pics by tomorrow so plz help me thx
and i fed him/her with something called super kijaro and he/she is okay but i don't know wich breed and wat sex ?!?!? so plz help and i'll get some pics soon

Its most likely a C. chamaeleon. If you post a picture we can tell likely tell you the sex and the species.

Was it injured? If not, why not release it somewhere safe?

They eat insects. (I don't know what a kijaro is.)

Its most likely a C. chamaeleon. If you post a picture we can tell likely tell you the sex and the species.

Was it injured? If not, why not release it somewhere safe?

They eat insects. (I don't know what a kijaro is.)

ok thank God it wasn't injured and i found it in cairo and in cairo there is no safe place to realse it in and kijaro is some dried insects special for reptiles it has vitamins in it , i got it from a pet store this kijaro and i showed the cham to them and theu said that it was in a good shape but he is not an expert and i'll get some pics ..

what's the real name for C.chameleon THX

Its commomly called a Mediterranean or common or European chameleon. I kept/hatched/raised them for a number of years back in the early 90's when they were able to be imported.

Does it look like this (although the color can be anything from green to beige to brown, etc.)?....
http://images.google.ca/images?q="c...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQsAQwAA

Here's some information I wrote...its got some typo's in it...(the site is supposed to be updated, but its at a stand-still at the moment unfortunately)...
http://adcham.com/html/taxonomy/species/cchamaeleon.html

It should be fed live insects....crickets, superworms, silkworms etc.

Its commomly called a Mediterranean or common or European chameleon. I kept/hatched/raised them for a number of years back in the early 90's when they were able to be imported.

Does it look like this (although the color can be anything from green to beige to brown, etc.)?....
http://images.google.ca/images?q="c...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQsAQwAA

Here's some information I wrote...its got some typo's in it...(the site is supposed to be updated, but its at a stand-still at the moment unfortunately)...
http://adcham.com/html/taxonomy/species/cchamaeleon.html

It should be fed live insects....crickets, superworms, silkworms etc.

latest Picture 035.jpg

this is the picture and in the site u gave me it says that it should be raised by experts does this mean that i have to release her and i also don't ahve the proper material :'(

It would be good to release it in a safe place if possible but you could keep it if you got all the supplies you need within a few days. Chameleons do need attention several times everyday for watering/feeding. They only like to drink moving water so you need a dripper and a spray bottle. Water your chameleon at least 3 times a day (dripper 1 time, spray 2 times at least) If you have the time and money it is a fun/interesting hobby! You can always find a care sheet for any chameleon online or through this forum! Good luck and keep us posted.

Dustin

i think that because i live in Egypt i have the necessary weather i think i don't need lighting all i need to know is how and when to feed it give it water and wat does he/she need to have ? and thx

Give it water AT LEAST 3 times a day with a sprayer and dripper. Most of the time feed live crickets if you can find them.

1-sorry to bother you again but it seems not see coz when its moving from branch to branch she moves her hand all over the place until she finds the other branch is it normal ?!?!?!

2- is it normal for it not to change color ??

3- could i give it dried flies ??

thx

1-sorry to bother you again but it seems not see

2- is it normal for it not to change colour

3- could i give it dried flies

1. It cant see? Maybe it has a problem with its eye

2. Sometimes it could mean many things. When i look at the pic i can tell he/she is stressed out.

3. Chameleons need live food. Do they sell insects in egypt?

I am trying to find ..all wat they have is dried

it seems not see coz when its moving from branch to branch she moves her hand all over the place until she finds the other branch is it normal ?!?!?!

is it normal not to change color

wat should I do exactly

Chameleons change colors based on mood and temperatures. They only change in a range that is natural. So your chameleon will not turn blue or red from brown and green. If that makes sense. As for the walking issue, it is really hard for us to determine what exactly you mean. If you could post a video on youtube that would help us. However, the way you describe could mean it has an eye issue. I can't be certain of this, you cham. could be just fine and that is how it walks, I really cant say for sure. Dried or dead insects are no good. Chameleons eat live insects like crickets, roaches, silkworms, superworms, flies, etc. If your keeping the chameleon indoors you will need to provide a light for basking and a uvb 5.0 linear tube light. Outdoors it will not need lighting. Always provide the chameleon water.

The eye seems to look a bit off in the photo, any way you could provide a closer shot of the eyes. It is possible that she is blind in one eye, or both. Without live food and the appropriate set up she will most likely have a better chance being released in a safe area, such as a big park or nature preserve. Good luck with her.

Another alternative then to releasing the chameleon is to find a vet, zoo or some type of reptile/animal rescue that will adopt it.

I did an internet search and found this one (if they don't take it in, most likely they will know who would): Society for the protection of animal rights in Egypt

I am assuming that to find a chameleon wandering in the street is not an everyday occurrence even for Cairo. Most likely it is sick and will be needing medical attention. Chameleon's health can decline quickly and if you can't find anyone knowledgeable to adopt it, the last resort would be to release it in a safe place.

Good Luck!

Several experts onhere have told you to release it so release it. if it is sick you have no clue or resources to take care of it without causing it more stress which could make it sicker. they have provided you with links. It is a wild animal. put it back because you dont know what your doing. if you found a lion cub wondering around would you bring it home or help it get into a sanctuary where properly trained people could rehabilitate it...same goes for the chameleon

I know i just found it yesterday and i spent the last 3 hours looking for places and i found a huge place filled with trees and grass i'll try to realese it by tomorrow

THX alot guys you really helped me take the right decision and i'll try to find this place in egypt and once again thx

Although I can't see the tail all that clearly, it looks like it could be a male. I don't think its a C. chamaeleon either....maybe C. africanus. (Its hard to be sure because of the picture quality.) If its keeping its eyes shut during the day, then its likely sick.

Back
Top Bottom