I admit defeat...

if you keep them in a 'mini fridge' they move slower i keep mine in an old little fridge and it slows them down and they still live and when they warm up they start moving fast again :)

k seriously, i was extremely reluctant too, i hate roaches, but stop complaining, everyone has said on this post that they arent bad, i have alot of shit with crickets escaping, my old apartment sounded like a jungle. Hoj got me some dubias, unfortunately i didnt get that many as its illeagal to own them in canada. I havent been able to establish a large enough colony yet, and i wish i was able to feed them only now, for a couple reasons. A. they dont smell bad, B. My mantid breeders will eat the babies. C. they dont eat their weight in gold D, if your breeding them their is much less risk of parasites getting carried from the insects E. they are better for your chameleon F. they wont eat your chams eye out like a post i remember seeing afew monthes ago (RIP little guy :( ) and finally you have enough available to start a large colony for relatively cheap. If i hadnt have gotten some from hoj, i found a couple people who had them but since they are illeagal for a colony of 50, 40 females and 10 males, i would have had to pay 300 bucks. I understand your fear, or discust from them, but honestly they arent that bad and your mind is being alittle closed

k seriously, i was extremely reluctant too, i hate roaches, but stop complaining, everyone has said on this post that they arent bad, i have alot of shit with crickets escaping, my old apartment sounded like a jungle. Hoj got me some dubias, unfortunately i didnt get that many as its illeagal to own them in canada. I havent been able to establish a large enough colony yet, and i wish i was able to feed them only now, for a couple reasons. A. they dont smell bad, B. My mantid breeders will eat the babies. C. they dont eat their weight in gold D, if your breeding them their is much less risk of parasites getting carried from the insects E. they are better for your chameleon F. they wont eat your chams eye out like a post i remember seeing afew monthes ago (RIP little guy :( ) and finally you have enough available to start a large colony for relatively cheap. If i hadnt have gotten some from hoj, i found a couple people who had them but since they are illeagal for a colony of 50, 40 females and 10 males, i would have had to pay 300 bucks. I understand your fear, or discust from them, but honestly they arent that bad and your mind is being alittle closed

Its a joke. im not that upset about it. a few people who posted here i told i would never do roaches, they teased me for it, so when i started the thread, it was with that in mind.
they gave me some fun pokes cuz i didnt want them, then when i made that decision to switch, i knew theyd tease me for it. relax...

and i own every other bug i possibly can, im allowed to be close dminded towards bringing roaches into my apt. on purpose.

sorry i didnt realize it was a joke. still roaches are pretty good, screw the super worms, replace them with roaches :)

Ok then. yea not less than a week ago a swore i would never do roaches... i hate them. but id rather do them than deal with 200+ escaped crickets every night.

and the supers are for treat bugs, everyone gets only one a week.

See I'm the exact opposite. I think crickets are the most disgusting creepy thing that exists and I have been keeping reptiles for 15+ years. I am not a fan of regular household roaches at all but dubias are so different. I can actually touch them without being completely grossed out and I get sad when I find a dead adult. They are almost like pets to me now. I think they eat better than I do haha. On the other hand, I am very ocd and every time I clean out my cricket bin, I want to throw up lol. Last time I ordered 3000 med/large and had 500 small and that was the most crickets I've ever had at one time (I usually only order 2000 med/large and 1000 small). Every time I went into the bin forgetting that I had that many, it was like a horror movie haha. But the roaches don't bother me at all. And I have a lot of adults. As long as I can wash my hands right afterwards I'm fine but I'm like that with all of my animals except maybe my cats. You'll get used to the roaches, they are much better. I hate having loose crickets. The cats usually take care of them but I think I would freak out if there were 200 loose lol. Good luck!

See I'm the exact opposite. I think crickets are the most disgusting creepy thing that exists and I have been keeping reptiles for 15+ years. I am not a fan of regular household roaches at all but dubias are so different. I can actually touch them without being completely grossed out and I get sad when I find a dead adult. They are almost like pets to me now. I think they eat better than I do haha. On the other hand, I am very ocd and every time I clean out my cricket bin, I want to throw up lol. Last time I ordered 3000 med/large and had 500 small and that was the most crickets I've ever had at one time (I usually only order 2000 med/large and 1000 small). Every time I went into the bin forgetting that I had that many, it was like a horror movie haha. But the roaches don't bother me at all. And I have a lot of adults. As long as I can wash my hands right afterwards I'm fine but I'm like that with all of my animals except maybe my cats. You'll get used to the roaches, they are much better. I hate having loose crickets. The cats usually take care of them but I think I would freak out if there were 200 loose lol. Good luck!
my cat or my dog usually take care of the occasional loose one. but 200 loose ones,, they cant handle. esp if they are on the ceiling..
and thanks! lol

supers have givin me so much shit, my first reptile, a juvi beardy, gave him afew supers, bam hes having lil seizures in his arms, that or he was really shaky and constipated, he didnt shit for 2 days

supers have givin me so much shit, my first reptile, a juvi beardy, gave him afew supers, bam hes having lil seizures in his arms, that or he was really shaky and constipated, he didnt shit for 2 days

awwww. :(

i have nto had any issues with them, but i only feed 1 to each cham once a week if that.

yea, i dont even understand why people feed them, i get variety and all but i can list the most varied diet in the world without puting supers on the list

nymph crickets
adult crickets (aparently there is a difference to the chameleons)
dubia roaches
lobster roaches
hissing roaches
silkworms
silkworm moths
hornworms
hornworm moths
waxworms
phoenix worms
butter worms
native mantids
tropical mantids

just changing what the crickets eat on a bi dailey basis is variety to them i dont see why supers and mealworms are nessecary

yea, i dont even understand why people feed them, i get variety and all but i can list the most varied diet in the world without puting supers on the list

nymph crickets
adult crickets (aparently there is a difference to the chameleons)
dubia roaches
lobster roaches
hissing roaches
silkworms
silkworm moths
hornworms
hornworm moths
waxworms
phoenix worms
butter worms
native mantids
tropical mantids

just changing what the crickets eat on a bi dailey basis is variety to them i dont see why supers and mealworms are nessecary

Minus all those roaches, i feed the same things. and i vray my gutload all th eitme. i just feed one or two once in a while, something different.

Back
Top Bottom