I admit defeat...

I'm not even joking a little bit when I said I had nightmares of those creatures the night I first got them. It was terrible. I don't think I can ever lower myself down to them again. I will take the noisy escapee crickets any day.

by lower yourself down....

you mean raise yourself to their level right? whats so bad about them? I've been bit by a cricket, but never by a dubia...

I'm not even joking a little bit when I said I had nightmares of those creatures the night I first got them. It was terrible. I don't think I can ever lower myself down to them again. I will take the noisy escapee crickets any day.

200+ plus crickets? daily?

im not joking on that number, i stopped counting at 208.

Boooohahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaah : takes a breath: hahahahahahahahahahaha! Lmaooo!!
About time...
Well I will send you a few to try with your Chams to see if they are a hit b4 you take the plunge. Send me you addy by PM. I'll send you a care package on Monday

And if your Chams like them. I will point you in the right direction to get a colony 500+ for cheap ( 25% Adults)..

I have had my colony for about a month an it's safe to say they are established. I see fresh nymphs daily and I always see a few females carying ooths. They are breeding faster than I imagined. Thank god ALL my Chams LOVE them. I feed crickets once a week for verity.

And if your Chams like them. I will point you in the right direction to get a colony 500+ for cheap ( 25% Adults)..

I have had my colony for about a month an it's safe to say they are established. I see fresh nymphs daily and I always see a few females carying ooths. They are breeding faster than I imagined. Thank god ALL my Chams LOVE them. I feed crickets once a week for verity.

lucky sob:D:p, i am gonna try back at dubia and maybe some green banana roaches

zulu better like the roaches:rolleyes:

Pm sent.

ANd i might cry..

Here's some nymphs chowin down on some green pepper and my own special dry gutload mix ;)

I can't wait till they all get older.. once my first round of nymphs turn adults, i'll be in dubia heaven. hahaha

Attachments

• IMAG0109.jpg
    IMAG0109.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 97
Until you get the roaches you might try getting a dedicated dustbuster to suck up all your escapees - it works fabulously, and helps you reach the ceiling by giving you a few more inches. Hopefully that cuts down your cricket corralling process!

Michelle

Until you get the roaches you might try getting a dedicated dustbuster to suck up all your escapees - it works fabulously, and helps you reach the ceiling by giving you a few more inches. Hopefully that cuts down your cricket corralling process!

Michelle

Does that kill them? or can i then just empty them back into their bin?

I had hundreds of escapes until I took packing tape and put a line all around the inside of the tub I was keeping them in. Then I still noticed the odd cricket around every couple of days, so I made a second line of tape around the inside of the bin. I'm a month now with 0 escapes (from the bin).

I had hundreds of escapes until I took packing tape and put a line all around the inside of the tub I was keeping them in. Then I still noticed the odd cricket around every couple of days, so I made a second line of tape around the inside of the bin. I'm a month now with 0 escapes (from the bin).

which is this weekends project. i dont mind an occasional escapee... it happens, esp when you have 4 mouths to feed, and two of those mouths are free ranged... but 200 is over my tolerance limit.

Does that kill them? or can i then just empty them back into their bin?

No, it doesn't kill them, you can put them right back into their bin. It's just a quick and easy way to scoop them up. I can't stand touching crickets, so that's actually my daily method for feeding - I suck some up, dump into a small cricket keeper, dust, etc. They have never minded, and I've never had any deaths from it. Good luck!

Michelle

No, it doesn't kill them, you can put them right back into their bin. It's just a quick and easy way to scoop them up. I can't stand touching crickets, so that's actually my daily method for feeding - I suck some up, dump into a small cricket keeper, dust, etc. They have never minded, and I've never had any deaths from it. Good luck!

Michelle

so getting one! thanks alot! will make gettin gthem easier. i dont mind touching them, but when 5 are bunched in a corner, i can only hold so many.

Cricks are at least easy to catch. I hate the damn ff's esp when your feeding 50+ babies. I was so glad to get past the ff stage with last yrs clutches. I will take a loose crick any day over the ff's.

Cricks are at least easy to catch. I hate the damn ff's esp when your feeding 50+ babies. I was so glad to get past the ff stage with last yrs clutches. I will take a loose crick any day over the ff's.

haha id rather take ff, they dont make noise!
and im using ff to feed my mantid babies,

Dear Camimom,

Stick with the crickets, but to deal with the escapees, you have to NAME them so they come when they're called.

Submitted for your general amusement,
Tyg

:rolleyes:
Dear Camimom,

Stick with the crickets, but to deal with the escapees, you have to NAME them so they come when they're called.

Submitted for your general amusement,
Tyg

if that worked.. then they woudl have responded too.

get back here you F------R!
you son of B,
god da---T
where the F did you go

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom