I’m under attack

You can try water from a high force spray nozzle on your garden hose. Stand back a good 15 feet though and do it at dusk when they are all calm. If it is built out of dirt it should disintegrate.
Ok I’ll do that, I’ve found a lot more nest around the house. I really wanted to work on my wall today :confused: :mad:

Becca had a good idea. It won’t kill the wasps... it’s scary... but at least they won’t be on that window. U can’t let the chameleons breathe pesticides.
Do you have anyone who will do the Charlie-work?

For being animal people, yinz are quick to jump to heavy duty chemicals eh?
Um key word... animal people not wasp people... I am allergic to bee stings and wasp stings... Not good for me. I go super aggressive or I end up at the hospital getting a shot in my booty. No Bueno.

OMG BUT THEY ARE NOT GUTLOADED, HAVE STINGERS, AND COULD HAVE PARASITES!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay lol you got me on the stingers even though I've always seen chams kill them too fast to be stung. Gutloading though, you better be joking. And what parasites are we afraid of, most tend to be host specific. Seems like any parasite case comes from other reptiles or crickets(which we're happy to feed, but we roaches!) :unsure:

I don’t know much, but an experienced chameleon owner advised me that when he used to own chameleons and rent, the annual pesticides that were sprayed by the property manager would cause severe upper respiratory infection in his chams. So I just wanted to put it out there that whatever you all choose to do be super mindful of fumes.

Heyyyhh what are you trying to say buddy. I just moved here the bugs came with the house

bugs aren’t animals

I will be hosing those bad boys down.

I didn't mean that as an insult we all get flies in our houses, I just meant that's why it's a good idea to avoid feeding them.

Bugs are technically animals lol. And by picking and choosing what living things we treat correctly, we only hurt the rest of the populations of animals, circle of life lol. I'm not saying don't remove the nests, but using hazardous chemicals is almost always overkill when there are simpler and safer methods. We were just talking about this, companies want to sell their crap. Maybe I'm wrong in this case though idk?

Um key word... animal people not wasp people... I am allergic to bee stings and wasp stings... Not good for me. I go super aggressive or I end up at the hospital getting a shot in my booty. No Bueno.

I'm not saying don't remove them, just that it seems excessive to spray fumes everywhere. Especially with a non aggressive species. I don't blame you for being worried about an allergic reaction though.

This is all coming from someone who was recently attacked by a hornet's nest while cutting the grass lmao.

I didn't mean that as an insult we all get flies in our houses, I just meant that's why it's a good idea to avoid feeding them.

Bugs are technically animals lol. And by picking and choosing what living things we treat correctly, we only hurt the rest of the populations of animals, circle of life lol. I'm not saying don't remove the nests, but using hazardous chemicals is almost always overkill when there are simpler and safer methods. We were just talking about this, companies want to sell their crap. Maybe I'm wrong in this case though idk?
I know I was playing with you lol

I won’t be using the chemicals everyone has made a point on it that I will not be using it now. I will get the pressure hose thing like Becca recommended but the nest need to go. My question is will I die if I’m stung. I’m allergic to bees, like anaphylactic shock allergic. I know that’s a stupid question but idk if bee and wasp venom is the same or not

I won’t be using the chemicals everyone has made a point on it that I will not be using it now. I will get the pressure hose thing like Becca recommended but the nest need to go. My question is will I die if I’m stung. I’m allergic to bees, like anaphylactic shock allergic. I know that’s a stupid question but idk if bee and wasp venom is the same or not

Not a stupid question, I would definitely be careful. Btw there are definitely some cases that require chemicals. I was just pointing out that it's probably not necessary for wasps like these if it's going to risk you, your family's, and your animal's health

Okay lol you got me on the stingers even though I've always seen chams kill them too fast to be stung. Gutloading though, you better be joking. And what parasites are we afraid of, most tend to be host specific. Seems like any parasite case comes from other reptiles or crickets(which we're happy to feed, but we roaches!) :unsure:
I stopped feeding crickets when I learned they carried parasites... and the stingers freak me out. I would die if Beman got stung. Helicopter mom and all... now gutloading how do I know what they have been eating???? Could have been poop.

I have had reactions to both requiring a shot in my bum.. hurt now anything with a stinger goes down before they have a chance to sting me.

Back
Top Bottom