hurt female needs to lay eggs.

Kitdragon2000

Hey guys,

So if you have been following, my veiled female has not had a good start to everything. :/ she's about 8 moths old and i Think developing eggs. she has been round for a bit, never losing her stomach all the way, even when the rest of her was thin....

At the moment she cant really walk around or climb :( she's in a small enclosure to try and minimize any more damage to her (She has MBD, a respiratory infection, and most likely other things >.< ) but she does have those eggs too!! Any ideas / recommendation on how to set up her laying bin to where she can easily get in and out, and do her 'thing' ? the one she has right now is damp play sand, but i can mix soil in it as well... this is the laying bin i have set up before she got hurt. https://imageshack.com/i/kmqdLcwfj it had more things going through it after we tweaked it. which included having more leaves . ferns / plants going into the bin.

thanks again of time!

The sand isn't deep enough for her to lay eggs in and it needs to be moist enough to hold a tunnel. It needs to be at least a foot deep. In her state she won't likely be able to dig anyway...or lay the eggs for that matter. She needs to see a good reptile vet who knows how sick she is and takes the time to help her. The longer this goes on the more likely she is to die. She's developed the edema lately. It doesn't seem lime anything is being done to get rid of the respiratory issue...If it even is a respiratory issue and not a part of something like organ failure. Please get her some good help. If you were a vet tech you should know this IMHO. Are you trolling??

Excuse me?

I am Not trolling. Yes I know she needs to see a vet, but as I explained there are no good ones near by, I have tried. I also have not wanted to say it, but I have no money at the moment. I am “unqualified” for disability, but am trying again to get Some financial in. I had my own pet sitting business for awhile, it is still going, but I don’t have any consistencies. The one I had before the pet just passed away, and he was my main client because of how much I was doing / getting from them.

I am trying to go to school to get a new job I could possibly do, and be able to support myself and my family on it. I chose this school for the time frame they have on me graduating, which means I learn as much as possible much faster. Hoping to get out of this situation sooner. Before I started school I tried to get another job, I am now in a wheelchair 90% of the time, so when most potential employers see this and the service dog. They don’t Say that’s why they don’t want me, but suddenly, I couldn’t leave fast enough.

I was a vet tech for 8 years, until I got to sick to hardly be able to stand, let along bend over and do any part of the job. Please do not take my education / background into question, I was very proud, and enjoyed my job and am still depressed / upset that I could not continue.

Part of the reason I am sticking with this vet, is because not only is she good, she also doesn’t charge me because I worked for her. Which means I can actually do things for the girl instead of just twiddling my thumbs watching her die.

I looked back through all of my posts, not once did you mention how much or what type of liquid calcium to try. I have made a Lot of changed with your suggestions.
I appreciate the help you have given, but I do Not appreciate you saying I am a troll and trying to say my background is false.

I know she is in a bad situation, as I know I need to get her help. But I have no ability to Get her the help she needs, so I am trying to do what I can.

I mentioned the egg laying, hoping if anyone else had experience if they could make suggestions on a way to help her without her hurting worse.

I had been reading about chameleons for a while, haunting forums as well as Facebook pages. I felt I was decently qualified when a friend of a friend said he needed to get rid of his chameleons. The same friend had gotten me my red tailed boa the same way over 10 years ago, another rescue. Than I lost the only way I was making money, and have been doing the best I can since than.

As I said I have made a lot of changes since all this started, and will continue to make the changes I can. I have having enough problems of my own as well as with my family to deal with people trying to make me feel like **** because I cannot do everything possible for the girl. When in fact I am doing everything I can personally do.

I did tell you which liquid calcium to use in this post...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/falling-chameleons-134012/
"its usually a liquid calcium sandoz or gluconate that ks recommended since liquid forms absorb better".

I never made any comments about your background is false....i just said with your vet tech background you would know that she needs some good help.

My comment on the trolling was because you keep making another thread on the same topic.

I hope you can find a solution for her problems quickly. Good luck!

Last edited:
i made a separate post for the laying because it was just that one, figuring separating the two was better than cramming it all into one post, and i figured some people would look here and not other places ext.

I guess i did not read the post as thoroughly as i should have, all i saw was you mentioning liquid calcium.

Back
Top Bottom