humidity

Rockalita

What humidity should a panther chameleon have in its enclosure? We have a fogger but the humidity is only 35% because we have a dry house. Should we mist as well as have the fogger on to get the humidity up?

35% is really low. You want to maintain arount 50-60% ideally with spikes after misitings. Do you have any live plants and a a dripper in your cage?. These will help with keeping the humidity up.

We do have a live plant in the encloseure and have been misting a couple of times a day, should we just keep the fogger on longer to try to keep the humidity up higher?

You could do that. Some members wrap their cages(a few sides) in plastic to hold the humditiy in. Make sure that when it gets to the point where your lights are going to get turned out for the night that your cage is not all wet. It should be dry or very close to it when the lights go out. You can also run a humidifer in the room too.

I have an extra humidifier so I will set that up tomorrow to try and get the humidity in the room up, also we just have a pothos in the enclosure right now and we will go try to track down a ficus to put in there also, thank you for your help!

yeah, the more live plants the better! I have the luxury of living in Florida so even right now in November my humdity is 58% with no mistings, dripper or anything. Good luck! I am from Illinois and I know how dry the houses get up there when you touch something and you get a shock!!!

What type of hygrometer do you use? I am starting to think that ours does not work very well after I held it up to the fogger and the reading barely changer, right now I have a Flucker's Thermo-hydrometer and the thermometer reading is accurate but I am starting to think that the humidity reading is not accurate.

I just have a zoomed, dial. alot of people prefer the digitals. Again, I am very forturnate to be in Florida and do not have to worry too much about humidity problems or I probably would have a digitial if I wanted to have more precise readings.

Back
Top Bottom